What's new

[384.9_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had it too, Clicked on Interface, wait 3 sec and they all show up.
In my case that trick lists more devices, but is inaccurate as to the total amount of active devices.

Just had a chat with a friend who does web application development for a living (among other things). He made various suggestions which IMHO fixed what was wrong with the original square label version. :)
That looks really good. I know we're not voting but if we were that'd get my vote. ;)

Anyone else?
Yes, the number of clients shown on my AC86U seems to be determined by some sort of random number generator. At first I put it down to mobile devices going into deep sleep, but just now the PC I'm writing this from disappeared from the list, so it's not that. It's been like that since I got the router (and I'm not currently running the alpha build). I haven't really don't much troubleshooting to see if I can spot any pattern to what shows up when, as I don't really use the Network Map for much.

Yes, the number of clients shown on my AC86U seems to be determined by some sort of random number generator. At first I put it down to mobile devices going into deep sleep, but just now the PC I'm writing this from disappeared from the list, so it's not that. It's been like that since I got the router (and I'm not currently running the alpha build). I haven't really don't much troubleshooting to see if I can spot any pattern to what shows up when, as I don't really use the Network Map for much.
Interesting....

Just had a chat with a friend who does web application development for a living (among other things). He made various suggestions which IMHO fixed what was wrong with the original square label version. :)

View attachment 15889
Very nice!! Has my vote.:)

Anyone else get this wifi issue on alpha 1 and 2 with the AX88U? I can't get decent wifi speeds on any device. Just 20Mhz with default settings.
untitled-jpg.15897

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 1,105
Hello,

Seems the minidlna is not showing the Video files in the last alpha. My folder say empty. I tried to refresh the database but still not working. The MP3 and the image are working without any problem

Any suggestions?

Has anyone else had trouble with the client list on the network map page not showing all connected devices? It will refresh and then still not show all devices. Right now mine shows 2 devices, I have at least 14. Now I know @RMerlin has no access to that code but, does anyone else have this issue before I reset?o_O
Yes, I'm seeing the same thing on my AC3100. I don't remember seeing this on the 1st two alpha builds though. I even did a reset and reinstall on the 3rd alpha to see if that helped but it was still the same.
Everything is working fine though.

Yes, I'm seeing the same thing on my AC3100. I don't remember seeing this on the 1st two alpha builds though. I even did a reset and reinstall on the 3rd alpha to see if that helped but it was still the same.
Everything is working fine though.
A person can use nmap I guess:
Code:
opkg update
opkg install nmap

nmap -sP 192.168.x.0/24
This is very effective. ;)

Something I've noticed for my RT-AX88U is that custom adaptive QoS priority settings are lost after firmware upgrade. Rebooting the router is fine but after a flash I need to redo the setting.
Before I thought it was because I didn't properly save it for some reason. Now, when flashing alpha 2 it was lost again and I made sure it was set and saved before.

EricTheRed, manually assign control channel for 5 GHZ radio.
Hey Hawk,
I actually tried to do this, but there are no options other than Auto. I can turn off the wifi, change the options but when i turn it back on, it's on auto again.

Hey Hawk,
I actually tried to do this, but there are no options other than Auto. I can turn off the wifi, change the options but when i turn it back on, it's on auto again.

Oh I forgot to tell you by default Enable Smart Connect is on Asus router, it create more problem then solve. First you need to disable it. Once it is disabled you should be able to specify setting for each individual radio, including changing channel.

Hopefully you will be able to change channel and other setting after disabling smart connect.

Anyone else get this wifi issue on alpha 1 and 2 with the AX88U? I can't get decent wifi speeds on any device. Just 20Mhz with default settings.
untitled-jpg.15897
Can you humor me by chance and show the Tools screen?
For some reason with my AX88U, the Alphas are killing my 5G.
The top menu is showing it's on, and the Wireless - Professional tab says it's enabled, but if you go under Tools, it shows as disabled.

I honestly feel there's something busted with this Firmware, maybe it's a config some of us have in common.
Not everyone has these issues, but rolling back to the last non-Alpha Merlin firmware resolves all issues I'm having. (Mostly the 5Ghz radio disabling itself)

Oh I forgot to tell you by default Enable Smart Connect is on Asus router, it create more problem then solve. First you need to disable it. Once it is disabled you should be able to specify setting for each individual radio, including changing channel.

Hopefully you will be able to change channel and other setting after disabling smart connect.
Thanks. I was messing around with the settings and it's much better now. There is definitely a bug. Turning off smart connect and giving different names to the 2.4 and 5Ghz bands lets you choose one. I turned smart connect back on and change the SSID, which caused smart connect to work correctly. I'm getting decent speeds on my iphone (about 450Mbps) and the Tx rate on my mac is showing 1300Mbps.

Can you humor me by chance and show the Tools screen?
For some reason with my AX88U, the Alphas are killing my 5G.
The top menu is showing it's on, and the Wireless - Professional tab says it's enabled, but if you go under Tools, it shows as disabled.

I honestly feel there's something busted with this Firmware, maybe it's a config some of us have in common.
Not everyone has these issues, but rolling back to the last non-Alpha Merlin firmware resolves all issues I'm having. (Mostly the 5Ghz radio disabling itself)
I think I know what you are talking about. The tools tab was showing that the temperature of the 5G chip was disabled. That confused me too. It is showing a temperature now. I hope that answered your question.

Hello,

Earlier this year when I flashed 384.9_Alpha 1 - second version I reported these log-entries I did not see in 384.9_Alpha 1 - first version.

I also noticed, and this is concerns me more, that the NVRAM usage was jumping up and down on the TOOLS page and was increasing! I never have seen that before and it doesn't make sence because NVRAM usage is more static than dynamic.

I just flashed to 384.9_Alpha 2 first version and these same two 'problems' are still there.

Jan 15 07:23:49 rc_service: watchdog 333:notify_rc start_cfgsync
Jan 15 07:24:19 rc_service: watchdog 333:notify_rc start_cfgsync
Jan 15 07:24:49 rc_service: watchdog 333:notify_rc start_cfgsync
Jan 15 07:25:19 rc_service: watchdog 333:notify_rc start_cfgsync
Jan 15 07:25:49 rc_service: watchdog 333:notify_rc start_cfgsync
Jan 15 07:26:19 rc_service: watchdog 333:notify_rc start_cfgsync
Jan 15 07:26:49 rc_service: watchdog 333:notify_rc start_cfgsync

Should I worry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!