What's new

[384.9_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Self compiled alpha2. No issues to report on RT-AC86U.

Testing a new Frankenbuild...
Franken87.png

No problem on our RT-AX88U on the 5Ghz band.

3050203892.png
Can you confirm your hardware version sicker on the bottom of the router? Along with build date? (2018/2019?)

I'm not sure if some of us are having issues with the 5Ghz as a hardware related issue (faulty device) or if it's just a hiccup in the firmware.
I'm holding off on sending my unit back for RMA, but something is going on with the AX88Us and it's not just me.

Has anyone else had trouble with AiProtection not showing any hits in Malicious Sites Blocking or Two-Way IPS? I'm on an AC3100 with alpha2. I know it's blocking sites, has on two workstations so far today and before this alpha it was logging blocked IPs but no activity has registered for over 24 hours on either.

Has anyone else had trouble with AiProtection not showing any hits in Malicious Sites Blocking or Two-Way IPS? I'm on an AC3100 with alpha2. I know it's blocking sites, has on two workstations so far today and before this alpha it was logging blocked IPs but no activity has registered for over 24 hours on either.
I haven't seen a hit since 384.7 but I think someone said it was on Asus' end of the f/w. Also been using Saferbrowsing since then too though.

+1

I haven't seen a hit since 384.7 but I think someone said it was on Asus' end of the f/w.

That's correct. They've already fixed it on their end, fix will be with their next round of firmware releases.

I've uploaded an RT-AC87U test Frankenbuild.

Same here. I haven't had any hits with AiProtection on the official firmware or Merlin in a couple months.

Dear @RMerlin, I've got a quality sandisk usb3.0 stick, just formatted it to ext2, running @ usb 3.0 according to the gui, it goes a pretty slow average of 4.0 mbps. and this is from PC to router. I was expecting 20+. Any thoughts on how I can speed this up? Also, is it possible speed from usb to router will be faster and is there a way to test that as well. Thank you so much.

Last edited:
Smooth update to 384.9_alpha2-ga2c4a4a15 on RT-AC87u and all seems well :)

Dear @RMerlin, I've got a quality sandisk usb3.0 stick, just formatted it to ext2, running @ usb 3.0 according to the gui, it goes a pretty slow average of 4.0 mbps. and this is from PC to router. I was expecting 20+. Any thoughts on how I can speed this up? Also, is it possible speed from usb to router will be faster and is there a way to test that as well. Thank you so much.

There are dozens of threads on this subject , a search will find them.

This is nothing to do with this thread/alpha firmware testing.

That's correct. They've already fixed it on their end, fix will be with their next round of firmware releases.
Thanks Eric. Very unsettling that they didn't catch this before release.

There are dozens of threads on this subject , a search will find them.

This is nothing to do with this thread/alpha firmware testing.

USB and 3.0 are too short of terms to search for; am getting 2.7 mbps write to the USB3.0 drive, 4 read; previously in older Asuswrt releases I was getting 20+ mbps

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!