What's new

5ghz Question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

P

Pulserider

Hi there,

I just have a question. I have a Asus Tuf-ax3000 v2 router. Something I did not see before is that there is two 5ghz bands from my router as seen below. Is this normal? I only have the one router.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230813_185902_net.techet.netanalyzer.an_edit_1810694419927868.jpg
    Screenshot_20230813_185902_net.techet.netanalyzer.an_edit_1810694419927868.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 32
That router only has one 5ghz radio. Given the difference in signal strength are you sure you don't have an old router or ISP router turned on?

Either that or your app is confused, possibly not able to handle MIMO or wider channels etc.

Use the latest version of inssider or another proven program.

That router only has one 5ghz radio. Given the difference in signal strength are you sure you don't have an old router or ISP router turned on?

Either that or your app is confused, possibly not able to handle MIMO or wider channels etc.

Use the latest version of inssider or another proven program.
Strange I only have this one router. I tried now a different app, same result. When I search for the wifi on my phone only one is displaying. Was wondering what setting could be causing this.

Strange I only have this one router. I tried now a different app, same result. When I search for the wifi on my phone only one is displaying. Was wondering what setting could be causing this.

Don't use an app on your phone. The wireless driver on the phone itself could have something that doesn't work well with them, or those apps are just garbage (and potential security risks). Most of them are the same app just rebadged.

Like I said inSSIDer for desktop is free and pretty much the industry standard.

Either that or you've enabled a guest network with the same SSID which I don't think is even possible. Or one of your neighbors is messing with you.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!