What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
what does your /jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf say? Should be something like
Code:
# DO NOT EDIT this part of the file #
# generated by AB-Solution 2.0.1
if [ -d "/tmp/mnt/XXXX" ];then
        source /tmp/mnt/XXXX/adblocking/scripts/ab_dnsmasq_postconf.sh
        logger "AB-Solution linked dnsmasq.postconf to ab_dnsmasq_postconf.sh"
fi
# end of DO NOT EDIT #

where XXXX will be the name of the device that AB is installed on

Last edited:
Thanks, I added but it did not help. Tried to re-run installation and these lines I added manually were removed (or dnsmasq.conf was replaced by new one lacking that entry).
You cant edit this file directly, this is auto generated whenever a restart of dnsmasq is issued or the router reboots.
I suggest you format your /jffs/ partition in Administration/system:
Format JFFS partition at next boot. Set to yes and reboot router. Then remove the adblocking directory on the USB device and then install AB new.
You may have conflicting entries in the jffs files.
And you best label your devices and not have the router assign names.

You cant edit this file directly, this is auto generated whenever a restart of dnsmasq is issued or the router reboots.
I suggest you format your /jffs/ partition in Administration/system:
Format JFFS partition at next boot. Set to yes and reboot router. Then remove the adblocking directory on the USB device and then install AB new.
You may have conflicting entries in the jffs files.
And you best label your devices and not have the router assign names.
Thats' work, many thanks! jffs formatting solved the issue, after AB re-isntallation error gone.

I un-installed ab-solution for the third time, and re-installed it, but dureing re-installation it gave a red warning about my router using the routers IP address for DNS resolution, and that I would need to reboot the router manually for it all to work. I skipped that bit and it all seemed to work anyway. A few days later, I decided to patch the merlin fw and reboot at the same time. After reboot I had no internet (no dns). I was using dnscrypt. I set routers IP as dns again, but no luck. Tried setting my PC to use custom DNS (my ISO providers dns servers), but that did not work either! Now I got worried. So looked at scripts for dnsmasq.conf.add, got rid of it and restarted dnsmasq. Then tried to find dnscrypt script...it was missing... and so was the entire /opt directory where Entware gets installed. Don't know if this was some kind of side-effect of a botched ab-solution install, or if the upgrade to 380_65.2 did that. Got internet up again by using ISP dns in router config and no dnscrypt, but unsure how to get Entware back now from this corrupt installation.

Hi, i have R7000 router with xwrt-vortex, i have dnscrypt and ab-solution 3.6.5 installed, i use shooter file list, but some sites are blocked, so i add them to the whitelist and process it, but i still cannot access the site unless i turn off ab-solution, anyone else have these problems, where can i look, thanks
Try the AB Solution menu to "follow the log file" while you access the site. This might reveal other sub domains that are being blocked. I used firefox one time to view a web pages source code to see what sub domains where being used. Luckily, there was not a lot of coding on the page, other sites it might be more difficult.

I un-installed ab-solution for the third time, and re-installed it, but dureing re-installation it gave a red warning about my router using the routers IP address for DNS resolution, and that I would need to reboot the router manually for it all to work. I skipped that bit and it all seemed to work anyway. A few days later, I decided to patch the merlin fw and reboot at the same time. After reboot I had no internet (no dns). I was using dnscrypt. I set routers IP as dns again, but no luck. Tried setting my PC to use custom DNS (my ISO providers dns servers), but that did not work either! Now I got worried. So looked at scripts for dnsmasq.conf.add, got rid of it and restarted dnsmasq. Then tried to find dnscrypt script...it was missing... and so was the entire /opt directory where Entware gets installed. Don't know if this was some kind of side-effect of a botched ab-solution install, or if the upgrade to 380_65.2 did that. Got internet up again by using ISP dns in router config and no dnscrypt, but unsure how to get Entware back now from this corrupt installation.
I'm sure your device where AB and Entware is installed on has no label.
Check what device is referenced in the /jfffs/scripts/post-mount file and double check they are the same as your device.
If not, delete all scripts in /jffs/scripts and the /adblocking/ and /entware*/ directory on the device.
Then give your device a label and install AB. You will not have this problem again after.

I'm wondering if I can use this on ac68u in media bridge mode. Thanks
From the requirements section on the website:
A supported router running Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
There is only one Operation Mode listed as router on the Administration page in the WebUI.
The others are not routers.

Hi, I cant seem to get the usb drive to mount on my rt88u running Merlin-380.
Is there a command that I can use to mount the usb?
Im trying to run ab-solutions on usb formatted to ext2 and ext3 but its always says drive unmounted.

Im trying to run ab-solutions on usb formatted to ext2 and ext3 but its always says drive unmounted.
Look at the Syslog to find out why the drive is not mounting.
It may be that you unplugged it while the router was running without safely removing it first in the router WebUI.
If so, remove USB device and reboot the router, then plug the device back in.

Or click on device Icon in 'Network Map' and click 'Remove'. Then unplug it and plug it back in after a few seconds. It may then mount after a little while.

For those seeking to whitelist or blacklist domains, see (f), option 4.
It's a whole new way to find out what may need to be added!

And for Asuswrt-Merlin users, see the (fn) firmware notification in the sub menu. It uses the same credentials as the stats email.

So far so good.
Thanks dear "the lonely coder" :)
3.8.jpg

I had an error trying to update:
Code:
tmp/mnt/sda1# ./ab-solution.sh
./ab-solution.sh: line 3099: syntax error: unexpected end of file (expecting "fi")

Im going to try to remove everything and install

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.