What's new

Adding another node to the ZenWifi XT8

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

davekstl

Regular Contributor
I have a garage that has block walls separating from the house. I need Wi-Fi in the garage. I don't need WIFI6 out there but not opposed to it. The Router is at the other end of the house and the node is on the other side on the concrete block wall. Would another node best be connected via Ethernet? If so, can I come from the Zen Node to an add on, or do I have to run ethernet from the router? Any recommendations for the garage node?
Thanks

I have a garage that has block walls separating from the house. I need Wi-Fi in the garage. I don't need WIFI6 out there but not opposed to it. The Router is at the other end of the house and the node is on the other side on the concrete block wall. Would another node best be connected via Ethernet? If so, can I come from the Zen Node to an add on, or do I have to run ethernet from the router? Any recommendations for the garage node?
Thanks

You should be able to daisy-chain the garage remote node off the other remote node, either wired or wireless.

Not sure what would be the best AiMesh node to add to a pure Zen AiMesh, but in theory any AiMesh-supported router should work. The AC66U_B1 might be the cheapest. An AC86U might serve WiFi to yard areas. And then there is AX and more Zen.

OE

Thank you for the feedback. Might be a good idea to pick a store that will take it back if the results aren't good.

Yeah, AiMesh node selection isn't the most consistent so you might have difficulty getting it to daisy chain.
But the connection might be adequate even if it doesn't, I have to assume that if it doesn't connect where you expect it thinks the connection is good enough not to look elsewhere.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!