What's new

ASUS AC5300 SSH in Lan not working to intel edison

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Davidnhwireless

New Around Here
Hoping for some help. I replaced my old linksys wireless router with a new Asus AC5300. The router is plugged into a cable modem.

I am trying to access an Intel edison via SSH. I have it set to the same internal ip by mac address in settings. No matter what, however, I cannot ssh into anything. I know this is something I don't have set up correctly on the Asus as I can SSH into the Edison from my phone when on its hotspot, and I can SSH when at work and work wifi. Another strange thing is that when I look at what is connected to the router via wifi, it first says 21 devices, then when you click to view, it drops to 4 and then slowly the other devices populate the list.

When I try to use inet to see what is on the wifi, I can't see any devices beyond say 4 even though the network interface in the asus software say 21. Any ideas, I will take them. Thanks in advance.--David