What's new

ASUS AI MESH ISSUE

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JHwsfla

New Around Here
I have a AT - RX88U with 2 RT-AC68u routers in a AIMESH setup. everything was fine till I have modem issues, I then also updated the firmware to latest 3.0.0.4.388_22525 for 88u and 3.0.0.4.386_51665 for 68u. I went to resetup the AIMESH, the first router came up fine and shows as a node. The second I added it said all was ok but doesn't show up as a node at all. What have I done wrong. I factory reset all before starting but multiple tries with e second always the same results Added to AIMESH but never shows up as a node. I left it for 2 days and still the same.

Welcome to the forums @JHwsfla.

What router do you have, exactly? AT - RX88U isn't a model.

How are you setting up the AiMesh? Wirelessly, or wired? Are you using the main router to add an AiMesh node after fully resetting the node and not accessing its GUI?

How did you reset the main router? Did you use a saved backup config file afterward to configure it and connect to your ISP?

What other details can you provide? For example, from what firmware version did you upgrade the routers from?

It's RT-AX88u sorry about that. they are wired, yes through the 88u as main router.
I reset the 68u nto showing up both with reset button and hard reset with wps button per manual.
firmware 3.0.0.4.388_22525 for 88u don't recall what version prior bought in Feb 2021 I dont recall having to up this router
firmware 3.0.0.4.386_51665 for both 68u's In Feb 2021 I updated these routers but don't recall version.
I know I never updated till now - everything seemed to work at that time and left it alone.
I started from scratch on all. after soft reset.
when i add the second node it comes back sucessful, but never shows up as a node. All the connections on that node work and show up in the list but as connected to main router.
Prior to this everything worked fine, just since updating with Firmware on all three. Should i go back and Hard reset all and try again?
Thanks for replying.

Are you using Ports 5-8 on the RT-AX88U? If so, don't. Unplug all Ethernet cables from those ports, buy a $30 switch, and connect it to Ports 1-4, then perform the following.

Electrical reset. Unplug the power cable from the router and also from the AC wall plug. Wait a few minutes and power everything back up.

That should fix things (if your Ports 5-8 are acting up as they do for many others).

What is a soft reset?

Make sure you are using the correct WPS reset method for your router.

If one method doesn't work for you, try another. Use the GUI reset method (and don't forget to click the button to 'Initialize all settings...' too.

Have you tested that a wireless backhaul works? Have you tried with new Ethernet cables?

The following may be helpful to get your router/network to a good/known state again.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!