What's new

Asus RT-N66U N900 + Asuswrt-Merlin repeater mode?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ABH

New Around Here
Hello,

I'm planning on purchasing the Asus RT-N66U N900 and running Asuswrt-Merlin.

Do router and OS support bridge mode? I have a repeater at home to help extend my Wi-fi signal to the ground floor.

My current set up consist of two Linksys Wirless G WRT54GL v1.1 routers. One of them is acting as a repeater.

Thanks in advance!

I'm planning on purchasing the Asus RT-N66U N900 and running Asuswrt-Merlin.

i dont see the logic in this as the n66u is a quite old wireless N series router that doesnt have the greatest coverage anyway and then running an even older wireless G router in repeater mode that halves the throughput will just end up with the same crap wifi speed and throughput

do yourself a massive favor and get a wireless AC router that may just cover the whole house and have no need for a repeater in the first place

-------------------

One of them is acting as a repeater.

to your actual question just to answer it how is the wrt54gl doing repeating ,, are you using wds mode or do you have 3rd party firmware on it like dd wrt and using repeater bridge mode

if its wds you can prob forget it as wds is pretty redundant these days , if its dd wrt and repeater bridge then it doesnt matter as the wrt54gl is just working like a wifi client and can connect to any upstream wireless router

i dont see the logic in this as the n66u is a quite old wireless N series router that doesnt have the greatest coverage anyway and then running an even older wireless G router in repeater mode that halves the throughput will just end up with the same crap wifi speed and throughput

do yourself a massive favor and get a wireless AC router that may just cover the whole house and have no need for a repeater in the first place

-------------------

to your actual question just to answer it how is the wrt54gl doing repeating ,, are you using wds mode or do you have 3rd party firmware on it like dd wrt and using repeater bridge mode

if its wds you can prob forget it as wds is pretty redundant these days , if its dd wrt and repeater bridge then it doesnt matter as the wrt54gl is just working like a wifi client and can connect to any upstream wireless router

Hi, thanks for your reply. Can you recommend a good wireless AC router?