What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, you don't have the AC2900 Internet issue report here:

OE

I have this issue using an AC86U as both Router and Node. No internet when connected to the node running RC2 firmware. I reverted the node to 3.0.0.4.384_81992 and things work fine.

(Working) Setup:
RT-AC86U AiMesh Main: 9.0.0.4.386_39179
RT-AC85U AiMesh Node: 3.0.0.4.384_81992
RT-AC66U_B1 AiMesh Node: 3.0.0.4.385_20632

I have this issue using an AC86U as both Router and Node. No internet when connected to the node running RC2 firmware. I reverted the node to 3.0.0.4.384_81992 and things work fine.

(Working) Setup:
RT-AC86U AiMesh Main: 9.0.0.4.386_39179
RT-AC85U AiMesh Node: 3.0.0.4.384_81992
RT-AC66U_B1 AiMesh Node: 3.0.0.4.385_20632

That's a bold mix of firmware. :)

Without Internet from a 2xRT-AC86U wireless remote node, RC2-2 39179 has ended before it started for me. I suppose that's a step forward since I did not take my network apart this time.

81858 is running well here now with different SSIDs and fixed channels.

OE

Last edited:
So, you don't have the AC2900 Internet issue report here:

OE

on wired backhaul right now and internet is working on 2.4 and 5 Ghz. i'm not on default settings though. same ssid on fixed channels and channel bandwidth with airtime fairness and universal forming disabled. also I've setup guest network on 2.4Ghz only a well.

on wired backhaul right now and internet is working on 2.4 and 5 Ghz. i'm not on default settings though. same ssid on fixed channels and channel bandwidth with airtime fairness and universal forming disabled. also I've setup guest network on 2.4Ghz only a well.

Your wired backhaul may be preserving your remote node Internet.

OE

Your wired backhaul may be preserving your remote node Internet.

OE

i'm on wirless right now. I've got 4 devices connected to the node:

1- my PC on 5Ghz and the internet is working
2- my phone on guest network on 2.4Ghz and internet is working but the device won't show on the client list
3- old phone on 2.4Ghz and the internet is working
4- ipad on 5Ghz and the internet is working

Annotation 2020-07-29 033320.jpg

So far, with full reset (WPS) and with factory default settings on both Router and Node.
No internet for clients connected with 5 GHz to the Node, but clients connected with 2.4 GHz to the Node has internet.
All clients connected to Router works fine.
Feedback for RC2 using on XT8, new dashboard at fronthaul info, transmit rate and receive rate shows 0 value. How to solve it?

It is a known issue and we are going to solve it.

So far, with full reset (WPS) and with factory default settings on both Router and Node.
No internet for clients connected with 5 GHz to the Node, but clients connected with 2.4 GHz to the Node has internet.
All clients connected to Router works fine.

Please use the feedback form to send feedback log to us. The test result is different from us, need to find root cause.

Installed the beta on my zenwifi ax (xt8) and my devices starting losing/dropping wifi connections. My windows device for some reason connected but would then drop and then label connection as not having internet. I reverted back to the latest firmware. Will wait for the next one and I'll try it again

802.11k/v is now enabled for the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz-1 band for RT-AX92U.

With smart connect enabled, band steering and roaming is more reliable and much faster on supported devices (iPhone 11 Pro Max)

802.11k/v is now enabled for the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz-1 band for RT-AX92U.

With smart connect enabled, band steering and roaming is more reliable and much faster on supported devices (iPhone 11 Pro Max)
Hmm. Are you testing the SmartConnect by itself to move devices from 2.4 to 5 and vice versa or do you use aimesh too? . I'm very interested in this V/k implementation for the normal SmartConnect since I always use it to move devices back and forth . How much better is it? My devices all supports the v k so I should be able to use it too

Please use the feedback form to send feedback log to us. The test result is different from us, need to find root cause.

Perhaps I nailed my problems.

I created a Guest Network on both 5GHz and 2.4GHz and set Sync to AiMesh Node to All.
Now both 5GHz and 2.4GHz clients can connect and have internet.
@ASUSWRT_2020 Feedback sent. Waiting for your feedback.

I have the same problem, I have this issue using an gt-ax11000 as Router and 4 Nodes( ZenWiFi XT8)No internet when connected to the nodes running RC2 firmware ,when im using 3.0.0.4.384_9165 im back to normal, I also had problem get my nodes added to my router gt-ax11000 ,in the end i used cable from node to router when added my nodes.

Last edited:
Perhaps I nailed my problems.

I created a Guest Network on both 5GHz and 2.4GHz and set Sync to AiMesh Node to All.
Now both 5GHz and 2.4GHz clients can connect and have internet.
@ASUSWRT_2020 Feedback sent. Waiting for your feedback.
wow.. you figure it out fast.. last night, I've factory reset almost 5 times because of this before revert to previous firmware..

I've got 2x ZenWiFi XT8 (RT-AX95Q) connected with ethernet backhaul running in AP mode (they are out of wifi range of each other).

Installed the firmware first on to the primary node. It rebooted and the connectivity was working fine. The sole noted issue was that only existing wifi clients seemed to be allowed to connect, anything new wasn't working. The http service was down and I couldn't start httpd - received error "3069733712:error:0B080074:lib(11):func(128):reason(116):NA:0:". This meant no way to get to the GUI for config :mad:

The secondary node was then stuck in a limbo whereby you couldn't connect to the GUI to update it. At this point with the firmwares out of sync, wifi was being repeated correctly on the secondary node. To get out of this dead end I did a factory reset on both and upgraded both to the very latest beta firmware. I then factory reset both again. After configuring everything there were a few issues still:
1. Guest network didn't work on primary node - could connect but wasn't getting an IP from my modem which is the DHCP server. Didn't test guest on secondary node.
2. Normal wifi on the secondary guest was transmitting, but again, no IP being given and there was no connectivity to the network.

I see some people have had similar sounding issues with their XT8 but others seem to have had no issues. Personally I wouldn't recommend anyone with an XT8 and a similar config to the above trying this firmware quite yet as resetting and installing firmwares can be a real time burglar.

I am using a RT-AC3100 with two RT-AC68U nodes. I experienced comparable results as 69withalimp.

After updating the RT-AC3100, I could only access its GUI for a few minutes and then it was just stuck trying to load, but I had internet access. I was forced to hard reset the main router and the nodes. I hard reset each node, updated the firmware to the latest beta and then, hard reset again.

When adding the nodes, I couldn't get the first node added using the new http://router.asus.com/AiMesh.asp screen "Add AiMesh Node". It would start to add the node and stop somewhere in the 30% mark (I tried this several times). I was eventually successfully able to add it from the old way of adding a Mesh node from the http://router.asus.com/index.asp screen... however, it would start the process of adding the node, but it would display 0% status (I tried this twice, it showed 0% both times, but it did successfully add). To add my second node, I did it successfully on the first attempt using the Asus Android app- that had proper status update throughout the process.

As others have mentioned, the Nodes do not provide internet access to connected Wi-Fi devices. They connect to the node, but for some reason, internet access is restricted. I sent feedback through the router last night. I suggest people don't update until this is fixed.

I've got 2x ZenWiFi XT8 (RT-AX95Q) connected with ethernet backhaul running in AP mode (they are out of wifi range of each other).

Installed the firmware first on to the primary node. It rebooted and the connectivity was working fine. The sole noted issue was that only existing wifi clients seemed to be allowed to connect, anything new wasn't working. The http service was down and I couldn't start httpd - received error "3069733712:error:0B080074:lib(11):func(128):reason(116):NA:0:". This meant no way to get to the GUI for config :mad:

The secondary node was then stuck in a limbo whereby you couldn't connect to the GUI to update it. At this point with the firmwares out of sync, wifi was being repeated correctly on the secondary node. To get out of this dead end I did a factory reset on both and upgraded both to the very latest beta firmware. I then factory reset both again. After configuring everything there were a few issues still:
1. Guest network didn't work on primary node - could connect but wasn't getting an IP from my modem which is the DHCP server. Didn't test guest on secondary node.
2. Normal wifi on the secondary guest was transmitting, but again, no IP being given and there was no connectivity to the network.

I see some people have had similar sounding issues with their XT8 but others seem to have had no issues. Personally I wouldn't recommend anyone with an XT8 and a similar config to the above trying this firmware quite yet as resetting and installing firmwares can be a real time burglar.

Hi ASUSWRT_2020,
I have a similar issue:
I have AiMesh Router (RT-AX88U) with wired Backhaul to 2x AiMesh Nodes (RT-AC86U). On Beta 2 all my devices including my Apple devices (MacBookPro 15" Retina + iPhone XS Max) is unable to get internet access (no IP address assigned from DHCP) on my AiMesh Nodes (I am testing on one). On this offending AiMesh Node
  • I can see with WiFi Explorer on Mac that the signal strength is strong like normal, I just have no internet access of 5GHz Band (all my devices runs of 5GHz band, so no opportunity to test 2.4GHz band).
  • Wire connected devices works normally
I am going to send feedback pointing to this post. Thanks

Last edited:
Hi ASUSWRT_2020,
I have a similar issue:
I have AiMesh Router (RT-AX88U) with wired Backhaul to 2x AiMesh Nodes (RT-AC86U). On Beta 2 all my devices including my Apple devices (MacBookPro 15" Retina + iPhone XS Max) is unable to get internet access (no IP address assigned from DHCP) on my AiMesh Nodes (I am testing on one). On this offending AiMesh Node
  • I can see with WiFi Explorer on Mac that the signal strength is strong like normal, I just have no internet access of 5GHz Band (all my devices runs of 5GHz band, so no opportunity to test 2.4GHz band).
  • Wire connected devices works normally
I am going to send feedback pointing to this post. Thanks
Hope you can solve this problem by enabling guest mode for 5g-1 and 2.4g-1 and choose sync to aimesh node-ALL

Update on 9.33pm for Asus XT8

If use this setting to reboot: Aimesh > System setting > system reboot
- Cpu usage will become high - it tends to follow high speed = high cpu ; speedtest not stable when using wifi, cannot achieve easily 800Mbps
- ram usage become more than 60%

If manual reboot by using power button
-cpu usage when speedtest to 800Mbps only using core4 and the usage only reach 41% on core 4
-ram usage only at 50%

Thus, dont use the aimesh setting for any configuration or rebooting.. Hope it can be solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!