What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.47 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks john. That's the info I was looking for. I like client renaming alot, so I guess I have to stay on RMerlins latest then. :)

This upgrade didn't go smoothly at all. Eventually had to do a factory reset with a 30/30/30 reboot.

It appears to be working now but some of the pages only partially refresh and it just hangs... only way to get it to stop is to select "x" on the url bar. then refresh the page again.. very annoying... any ideas?

Forgot to mention Asus AC68R.. I was running the previous Merlin release. and I still have the page refresh issue...

This is also happening to me and is very frustrating. it makes it nearly impossible to configuer the router with a PC.
I haven't had any problem with my ipad 2 which points me towards windows.

It has happened on both .45, .47 and the asus official firmware

Has anyone found a solution for this issue
Thanks

RT-AC68U

If you are running ESET....

Try adding router address to Web and Email > Protocol filtering > Excluded ip addresses.

Slow torrent speeds

Hello RMerlin,

I'm using your firmware from the moment I bought my AC56u. But i encounter a problem with last revisions: my torrent speeds are slow, comparing to other older releases. What I test with Merlin_AC56U_3.0.0.4_374.42_2 I get 55+ MB/sec with my torrent client (best speed so far). Since this revision, everything I've tried (all following updates) gave me maximum 27MB/sec. In the past, there was also one revision that worked 50+MB/sec - Merlin_AC56U_3.0.0.4_374.38_1. What could be wrong? After every update, I've reverted to factory settings. I've tried to keep settings from 42_2 after update, but still no luck.

Hello RMerlin,

I'm using your firmware from the moment I bought my AC56u. But i encounter a problem with last revisions: my torrent speeds are slow, comparing to other older releases. What I test with Merlin_AC56U_3.0.0.4_374.42_2 I get 55+ MB/sec with my torrent client (best speed so far). Since this revision, everything I've tried (all following updates) gave me maximum 27MB/sec. In the past, there was also one revision that worked 50+MB/sec - Merlin_AC56U_3.0.0.4_374.38_1. What could be wrong? After every update, I've reverted to factory settings. I've tried to keep settings from 42_2 after update, but still no luck.

Wired or wireless client?

wired client.

Are you really talking about MegaBytes/s, or Megabits/s?

If it's really MegaBytes, then you probably have HW acceleration disabled. Check the Tools page for the reason why it's disabled.

Are you really talking about MegaBytes/s, or Megabits/s?

If it's really MegaBytes, then you probably have HW acceleration disabled. Check the Tools page for the reason why it's disabled.

It's MegaBytes. And HW acceleration is enabled "HW acceleration Enabled (CTF only)"

It's MegaBytes. And HW acceleration is enabled "HW acceleration Enabled (CTF only)"

Run a generic speed test with a site like speedtest.net.

If HW acceleration is enabled, then I can't see any reason why the router wouldn't be able to hit 700-800 Mbps.

Then the problem probably lies with your torrent client setup. Make sure you're not using any IPv6 tunnel (tunnels tend to be much slower), adjust the number of concurrent session, and make sure you aren't starving your downstream by having the upstream limit set too high (you need some leftover upstream bandwidth to send back ACK packets).

Then the problem probably lies with your torrent client setup. Make sure you're not using any IPv6 tunnel (tunnels tend to be much slower), adjust the number of concurrent session, and make sure you aren't starving your downstream by having the upstream limit set too high (you need some leftover upstream bandwidth to send back ACK packets).

Unfortunately is not about a client issue. I've just reverted to old release and tried again. Then I've updated to newer 374.43 release (and after, to johny's fork). Here are the results - same client, same torrent, same number of seeders - HUGE difference. Something just happened after 374.42 firmware...

Screen Shot 2014-10-21 at 19.24.49.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-10-21 at 19.29.44.jpg

Unfortunately is not about a client issue. I've just reverted to old release and tried again. Then I've updated to newer 374.43 release (and after, to johny's fork). Here are the results - same client, same torrent, same number of seeders - HUGE difference. Something just happened after 374.42 firmware...

View attachment 2827

View attachment 2828

The only thing I could see then is HW acceleration was changed by Asus at some point in regard to handling UDP packets (which are extensively used by torrents). This is entirely out of my control as CTF is closed source.

The only thing I could see then is HW acceleration was changed by Asus at some point in regard to handling UDP packets (which are extensively used by torrents). This is entirely out of my control as CTF is closed source.

is anything I can do? I can go back to .38 revision but it lacks of HFS+ support for my hdd.. and with .42 I also have some issues with USB3.0 port

is anything I can do? I can go back to .38 revision but it lacks of HFS+ support for my hdd.. and with .42 I also have some issues with USB3.0 port

Not that I can think of if the issue is really limited HW acceleration support for UDP traffic, no.

Not that I can think of if the issue is really limited HW acceleration support for UDP traffic, no.

thank you for taking time to answer my problem. I'm looking forward for next fw releases. maybe one of them will fix the slow transfer speed. until then I'll stick with .42_2 version.

best wishes

anyone can help me?
i'm using RT-AC68U with 376.47 (Merlin build)
recently my speedtest is this
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3854079451
i'm using a 10mb internet,why my download speed so slow?

i triedto reboot the router,at first the download speed gain the speed its suppose to give while the upload is constant,then over time,the download reduce to this,while the upload speed remain.

my HW is enabled and QOS closed
any more information should i give? please help :(

Noticing some weird happenings with my Apples devices, last night my iPad 3 lost internet connectivcity however I had a full wifi connection. Now tonight my iPhone 5S keeps dropping the wifi and then coming back up.

Looking in the logs it would seem that some sort of DCHP error is occurring :confused:

Wondering if it is related to IOS 8.1?

Attachments

• Iphone.png
    Iphone.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 611
Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!