What's new

AX86U Samba Doesn't See USB Partitions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Travis Fox

New Around Here
I recently upgraded from an AC66R to an AX86U hoping to improve my home network's reliability and remote access. Once upon a time on the AC66R I could access an attached USB drive and it would show the partitions separately. I currently have a NAS connected elsewhere on the network that when I access it, I see the two partitions "0401" and "0402". Now the attached USB storage will only show directories UNDER the partitions (with the "at 0501" or "at 0502" subtended) but no way to itemize the partitions. In an earlier iteration of Merlin I believe this was possible, but it seems to have been deprecated?

Further, when I try to set up the Media Server, I can select/designate an entire partition for sharing, and which my devices can then see and access the folders within, but not the other partition.

I feel like there's a switch somewhere which needs to be thrown to make this work. I could not make it work at all with the stock firmware.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 109
It's because you have Allow guest login set to Off in the Samba settings.
OK, if I set that to "On" then I can't access the USB at all. When I click on it, I get an error message. Is there a setting in Windows (10, Home) that I need to fix? I feel like it's a security item, but not sure where to look?

Attachments

• 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 108

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!