What's new

Can't upgrade Merlin firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

d3vilsadvocate

New Around Here
Heya there

I just have to ask my questions here or else I'll spend hours trying to fix and reading into this issue

My router is currently using the Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.35_2 build and I tried to upgrade the firmware to the official RT-AC56R_3.0.0.4_374_5656 build from Asus. I can't do so, however, as I get the error message: "Firmware upgrade unsuccessfully. It may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again."

So here are my questions:

-What I need is a firmware version that allows me to use the AiDisk features without all the security issues involved in the earlier builds from Asus. Which firmware build should I use? I don't care if it's from Merlin or from ASUS to be honest.
-How would I install that firmware update given the above error message? I did a router reset holding both buttons for a while and it seemed to work I had to reconfigure the router, but in the end the same buildnumber from merlin appeared on the main router page.

Thanks for any help in advance, I'm a noob in these things :D

I assume you have verified your downloading the correct firmware for your router model and have unzipped the file. Also make sure there are no USB devices plugged into the router during the firmware flash. It should work.

In another post from today you mention you have an rt-ac66u. Here you say you tried to flash a firmware for the rt-ac56r. Just making sure you have the right file.

This is why cross-posting is Evil [tm]. Locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.