What's new

Dual WAN Loading Balance prevent accessing few websites

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AWaheedi

New Around Here
Hello there,

Before I begin explaining my issue I want tot thank every active member who is trying to help other users (specially Merlin).

I'm facing an issue with Dual WAN loading balance feature in my RT-AC88u router, running Merlin firmware. Whats I'm trying to achieve, my physical connections, my settings and whats the issue I'm facing is mentioned below.

Whats I'm trying to do:

I want to run Dual WAN features and set rules that specific devices use my secondary WAN and any other device gets connected to my network uses my primary WAN.

Physical Connections:

DSL modem (PPPoE) connected to WAN port and LTE modem connected to LAN1. both on Bridge mode.

Settings:

Enabled Dual WAN and made my DSL modem as primary network and the LTE one as secondary. Loading balance ratio is 9:1. And the routing rules is attached (I used specific IP addresses for my secondary WAN and used CIDR to identify all the remaining subnet).

The Problem:

When I don't set routing rules, all is fine. However, when I set the routing rules (as mentioned above), I cannot access specific websites using devices connected to my secondary WAN (google websites for example) but I'm able to access other different sites (like speedtest) and the up/down speeds is slow relatively compared to using the LTE modem without Dual WAN feature. All is working fine in the devices connected to the primary WAN.

Your help is much appreciated and thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 4.48.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 4.48.06 PM.png
    192.6 KB · Views: 547
Depends on the LTE provider - but many are still PPP based - so consider reducing the MTU size just a bit - MTU of 1492 might be the ticket...

Depends on the LTE provider - but many are still PPP based - so consider reducing the MTU size just a bit - MTU of 1492 might be the ticket...
I tried that with no luck. Keep in mind that when I make the LTE modem as the primary connection it works just fine. So I think the issue with dual WAN itself not the provider

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!