What's new

GT-AX 11000 issue with Lifx String Lights

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

John DeLuca

Regular Contributor
Hello I seem to be having a pairing issue with my lifx sting lights when using Merlin FW. Has happened for a few releases now, I was able to get it to pair a while back but idk what FW# that was.
I have a separate 2.4Ghz network with all the settings where they should be for maximum compatibility but no luck. I will post a pic below with those settings.

I originally thought it was an issue with the controller of the light, so they sent me a new one but I am still having isssues. I have always had minor issues with IOT lighting with Merlin but never this bad. (Note I’ll try completely disabling AX, and setting to manually to channel 11, and turning off protected management frames next)

Any suggestions would be appreciated, let me know if you need any more info.

Attachments

• A536946E-3315-4C25-8417-11662A6E4079.png
    A536946E-3315-4C25-8417-11662A6E4079.png
    269.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 078CD524-0923-439E-9BE3-062698366422.png
    078CD524-0923-439E-9BE3-062698366422.png
    312.7 KB · Views: 80
I had a connection issue with my older 2.4g Nokia weight scale on the AXE11000 - what I had to do was disable 802.11ax/WiFi 6 on the 2.4ghz wifi channel.

Hello I seem to be having a pairing issue with my lifx sting lights when using Merlin FW. Has happened for a few releases now, I was able to get it to pair a while back but idk what FW# that was.
I have a separate 2.4Ghz network with all the settings where they should be for maximum compatibility but no luck. I will post a pic below with those settings.

I originally thought it was an issue with the controller of the light, so they sent me a new one but I am still having isssues. I have always had minor issues with IOT lighting with Merlin but never this bad. (Note I’ll try completely disabling AX, and setting to manually to channel 11, and turning off protected management frames next)

Any suggestions would be appreciated, let me know if you need any more info.

Turn off "Multi-user MIMO " and turn off "Explicit beamforming" Also set to channel 1 or 6, not "AUTO". Reboot and see if there is a difference. These are the the recommendations on @L&LD and it works perfectly for me