What's new

Unable to reach local network through single node (XD4), internet is fine

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GBee

Occasional Visitor
Odd issue here, only noticed this in the past week but I have a single AX Mini node (XD4) out of six that is misbehaving - should it matter, the router is an XT8. When connected devices switch to this node they lose the ability to connect to my servers on the local network. Internet continues to work just fine. A power cycle of the node doesn't seem to help. I could and ultimately will just do a reset of this node but that's a pain and I'm just wondering if anyone knows why this happened and whether there's a simpler solution that a factory reset/repairing?

I could and ultimately will just do a reset of this node but that's a pain

Re-adding an AiMesh node is easy... remove it to automatically Reset it, and then add it back to the AiMesh.

OE

Re-adding an AiMesh node is easy... remove it to automatically Reset it, and then add it back to the AiMesh.

OE

It's all relative I guess, reaching this particular node is a little more difficult at the moment due to the large stack of renovation materials in the room in which it sits. Hence why I said it would be a pain to have to do that. If I can resolve the issue without needing physical access that would be preferable. Is there a remote reset option that I'm just missing?

Depending on how far away it is from the main router (or possibly another node) when you remove it from the AiMesh, it resets. Now, you should be able to add it back again.

If you're not able to re-add it via the main router, be sure WPS is enabled, and you may have to reboot the main router too.

It's all relative I guess, reaching this particular node is a little more difficult at the moment due to the large stack of renovation materials in the room in which it sits. Hence why I said it would be a pain to have to do that. If I can resolve the issue without needing physical access that would be preferable. Is there a remote reset option that I'm just missing?

Yes... when you remove a node from the AiMesh from within the main router webUI, it is automatically Reset. Then just add it back... you don't need to touch the node as long as it is within WPS range, which it should be.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!