What's new

[384.15_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Legacy means lower than "N" thats why it becomes available. When using "N" only you don't want a/b interference, so it's selected and greyed out.

Ah, got it. I selected “legacy” and you can uncheck. Auto and N only gray it out.

Thanks.

5+ days uptime on latest AX88U Alpha with no suprises and lots of joy :) Like I stated before this Alpha works - at least for me - much better, especiall wireless, than 384.14.

Looking forward to formal release soon :)

For me latest 384.15 alpha not usable after dirty flash from 384.13. Wifi keep disconnecting every 20-30 seconds on all devices 2.4 and 5Ghz . All settings same as on 384.13. Didn't tried full factory reset as I need to use Internet right now. Dirty flash back to 384.13 and all back to normal.

For me latest 384.15 alpha not usable after dirty flash from 384.13. Wifi keep disconnecting every 20-30 seconds on all devices 2.4 and 5Ghz . All settings same as on 384.13. Didn't tried full factory reset as I need to use Internet right now. Dirty flash back to 384.13 and all back to normal.
Flash again if it still acts up , reset to defaults and do not import whatever is screwing you up.

I don't have any fancy setup, just basic. Settings in wifi exactly the same, nothing fancy just for home use. Did reboot by switching with button but still same issue, so flash back 384.13. Maybe tomorrow I will do more tests but so far no go for me. Even not using internet, just watching wifi log in router page and see like my WiFi devices randomly disconnect and connect back again, very strange.

I don't have any fancy setup, just basic. Settings in wifi exactly the same, nothing fancy just for home use. Did reboot by switching with button but still same issue, so flash back 384.13. Maybe tomorrow I will do more tests but so far no go for me. Even not using internet, just watching wifi log in router page and see like my WiFi devices randomly disconnect and connect back again, very strange.
What router do you have it on?

For anyone running this alpha on an RT-AX88U a reset to defaults and reconfigure would be highly recommended as the wireless driver was updated to a newer version than what was on previous releases!

Please consult @L&LD 's excellent guides found in his signature.

For anyone running this alpha on an RT-AX88U a reset to defaults and reconfigure would be highly recommended as the wireless driver was updated to a newer version than what was on previous releases!

Please consult @L&LD 's excellent guides found in his signature.
I would not agree. I flashed and have had zero issues since doing so. If there are not any issue no need to reset.

If the second flash work out the same then a reset is required. When strangeness is experienced a reset is the solution.

Just flashed the latest alpha to my RT-AX88U from 384.13 and I've noticed a couple of issues:

1) 2.4GHz Wi-Fi signal strength appears to be less overall.

2) Upload bandwidth for devices on a Wi-FI connection does not always register under bandwidth monitor or under QoS classifications. For example doing a speedtest on both my mobile phone and laptop registered the download bandwidth correctly but nothing on the upload. However my ring floodlight camera does register on the upload section when I trigger a live view. This does not happen if I connect the laptop to ethernet.

Hi. With my RT-AX88U, with last alpha I have 4 cpu to 100% :(

49377378568_f7b54feef3_z.jpg

I can try to disable Diversion ??

Just flashed the latest alpha to my RT-AX88U from 384.13 and I've noticed a couple of issues:

1) 2.4GHz Wi-Fi signal strength appears to be less overall.

2) Upload bandwidth for devices on a Wi-FI connection does not always register under bandwidth monitor or under QoS classifications. For example doing a speedtest on both my mobile phone and laptop registered the download bandwidth correctly but nothing on the upload. However my ring floodlight camera does register on the upload section when I trigger a live view. This does not happen if I connect the laptop to ethernet.

I can confirm the inital weaker signal on 2.4 Ghz (while 5Ghz seems to be stronger) - I was able to mitigate a bit by switching off Wifi Agile Multiband and Protected Management Frames.

While I don’t know exactly why my 86U configured in media bridge mode lost connection over night with .384...._2 it has not with this alpha.

One thing I have noticed with this version and even going back to at least 384.13 is the functioning of Auto Logout. I am using an AC86.

When I was setting up the router I disabled this function (0) to make it easier to change things without having to log back in. After I was satisfied with my setup I changed the setting to 300 which I believe is supposed to be 300 minutes. The router has rebooted multiple times since changing this setting over the past several months and I have also manually logged out more than once.

The setting doesn't seem to have any impact as I can go for days with out having to log back in. Not a big issue but I wonder if anyone else has seen this behavior. Everything else is working fine with the 15 alpha so I have no real issues and I am not bothered enough by this to make it worthwhile for me to do a full reset and reenter all my settings just to see if auto logout works.

One thing I have noticed with this version and even going back to at least 384.13 is the functioning of Auto Logout. I am using an AC86.

When I was setting up the router I disabled this function (0) to make it easier to change things without having to log back in. After I was satisfied with my setup I changed the setting to 300 which I believe is supposed to be 300 minutes. The router has rebooted multiple times since changing this setting over the past several months and I have also manually logged out more than once.

The setting doesn't seem to have any impact as I can go for days with out having to log back in. Not a big issue but I wonder if anyone else has seen this behavior. Everything else is working fine with the 15 alpha so I have no real issues and I am not bothered enough by this to make it worthwhile for me to do a full reset and reenter all my settings just to see if auto logout works.

Confirmed - seeing the same behaviour on my AX88U - unless I close the browser I will not get locked out as it was with previous versions of the FW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!