What's new

[384.15_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With low 1GB ram quantity, the memory will always an issue. ;)

I've had my RT-AX88U go as low as a handful of MB's free (fluctuated between 2MB and 5MB) when configuring the scripts via amtm (and trying to make them crash), but I've never had it spontaneously reboot.

How big is your swap file? How was the USB drive formatted? Do you have the disk checker script enabled? What order did you install the scripts in? And, did you do a reboot after 15 minutes or so uptime after all scripts and settings were installed and adjusted as necessary, and then, one more reboot at least another hour past that?

Reactions: a5m
With low 1GB ram quantity, the memory will always an issue. ;)

I've had my RT-AX88U go as low as a handful of MB's free (fluctuated between 2MB and 5MB) when configuring the scripts via amtm (and trying to make them crash), but I've never had it spontaneously reboot.

How big is your swap file? How was the USB drive formatted? Do you have the disk checker script enabled? What order did you install the scripts in? And, did you do a reboot after 15 minutes or so uptime after all scripts and settings were installed and adjusted as necessary, and then, one more reboot at least another hour past that?

Swap is 512MB, USB is EXT4, disk checker script is not enabled;

First I installed amtm, then diversion and at last skynet - right after I updatet diversion (+ list) - and I can't remember if I even rebooted the router right after - I don't think so. Since last week there were only two or three restarts - but all of them caused by me ... really strange - maybe a "one hit hickup" ...

I use a 2GB swap file on all my amtm installs by default (but that shouldn't have any effect here).

If you also used Ext4 with journaling enabled, along with the disk checker script enabled to scan at bootup, it may have a chance to correct any possible errors on the filesystem, if any exist.

Swap is 512MB, USB is EXT4, disk checker script is not enabled;

First I installed amtm, then diversion and at last skynet - right after I updatet diversion (+ list) - and I can't remember if I even rebooted the router right after - I don't think so. Since last week there were only two or three restarts - but all of them caused by me ... really strange - maybe a "one hit hickup" ...
I'm managing two identical RT-AX88U router with the exact same firmware and scripts loaded. One of the routers memory is absolutely predictable at about 280MB free and the other one is constantly fluctuating. On some days I check it shows 180MB and another day it shows 33MB free. I have not yet figured out why that is. I even went so far to do a complete factory reset and load the configuration from the stable router but to no avail. It could be a quality issue or just different clients/environment influencing the way this router works. To rule that out I could swap the routers and put them in each others environment, but since they both work fine I haven't tried that yet. I certainly haven't seen any reboots yet.

I can give an all-clear on the sudden reboot - neither the AX88u than the firmware is to blame - who is to blame is my cleaning lady :rolleyes:

...but somewhere the vacuum cleaner has to be plugged in.

Mysterie solved

I can give an all-clear on the sudden reboot - neither the AX88u than the firmware is to blame - who is to blame is my cleaning lady :rolleyes:

...but somewhere the vacuum cleaner has to be plugged in.

Mysterie solved
First world problems always seem to bite harder. Haha

Updated to A1 this morning by: removing (correctly) the USB, installing the (Jan 14th) alpha package on the 86U, waiting for it to settle, installing (Jan 14th) alpha on the 88U, rebooting both, re-installing the USB drive. Working as advertised. ONE very minor issue that may need to be looked at before beta drop: the 88U mesh node (wired backhaul) was set to use Ethernet as priority prior to the upgrade but reverted to auto connection priority after the upgrade.

On the AX88U and latest alpha I must say the wireless settings page is quite quirky.... I cannot just switch between required and capable PMF.. I need to that with changing some other key feature e.g. the agile multiband or channell.. I am also confused that the PMF setting might be bound to 2.4 and 5 GHz radios together.
The bug is that when you change it or the AuthModel and click apply it doesn't show the usual "your networks and PSKs" screen but simply reloads the page... Chrome reports that connection wasn't completed after clicking apply button and connection was reset.

Last edited:
Nice to see amtm by @thelonelycoder added to the firmware. Congratulations script writers! This community rocks!! :cool:

I've just read through all the pages of this thread, and don't see mention of this: After I dirty-flashed my 86U from 384.14, the OVPN server was no longer generating configuration files. So yesterday, I did the full L&LD nuclear reset, and flashed the 384.15 Alpha again. Reinstalled Diversion/Skynet etc. from scratch. The same issue persists, though, even after leaving it running overnight to generate the config file. OVPN does work, but for the moment, I've had to leave it to just username and password auth. I can't see anything relevant in the logs. Any ideas? (But otherwise, it's completely stable, and I love the integration of the 3rd party scripts!)

I've just read through all the pages of this thread, and don't see mention of this: After I dirty-flashed my 86U from 384.14, the OVPN server was no longer generating configuration files. So yesterday, I did the full L&LD nuclear reset, and flashed the 384.15 Alpha again. Reinstalled Diversion/Skynet etc. from scratch. The same issue persists, though, even after leaving it running overnight to generate the config file. OVPN does work, but for the moment, I've had to leave it to just username and password auth. I can't see anything relevant in the logs. Any ideas? (But otherwise, it's completely stable, and I love the integration of the 3rd party scripts!)

Known issue with apparently no solution unless ASUS fixes it. The only "problem" is that it floods your system log with 21 lines every two minutes but that really isn't a problem as the log resets itself when it reaches a certain size.

One thing that you can do is stop then restart the server by turning it on and off. This will give you a brief window of opportunity when needed to download an OVPN file which you need to connect remote clients.

any luck with the

RT-AC87U routers. i noticed the model was skipped in the builds. any reason why? I am really looking forward to trying the built in amtm and get rid of these ads

@racerx don't wait for the RT-AC87U to be supported.

See the link in my signature below for the amtm Step-By-Step guide to get the benefits of Diversion today. :)

The only additional step you'll need to do is actually install amtm. ;)

@racerx don't wait for the RT-AC87U to be supported.

See the link in my signature below for the amtm Step-By-Step guide to get the benefits of Diversion today. :)

The only additional step you'll need to do is actually install amtm. ;)
Is there a reason why Rt-AC87U is proving to be difficult? I had already did this previously and it didnt work catching the ads. And its not the easiest to setup

The RT-AC87U has two different chipsets inside. Yes, much more difficult for both Asus and RMerlin too.

Did you previously follow the amtm Step-By-Step Guide in my signature and you found it to not work? amtm is pretty bullet-proof for a long time now. ;)

The RT-AC87U has two different chipsets inside. Yes, much more difficult for both Asus and RMerlin too.

Did you previously follow the amtm Step-By-Step Guide in my signature and you found it to not work? amtm is pretty bullet-proof for a long time now. ;)
ill try it again. i see your post was from april 2019..ill give it another shot but diversion didnt work very well last i tried but we'll see

@racerx test/start with Diversion 'Lite'. With success, try the 'Standard' with pixelserv.tls support. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!