What's new

[384.15_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a reason why Rt-AC87U is proving to be difficult?

384.15 is based on firmware 384_81351. Asus's firmware for the RT-AC87U is still based on older 382 code, so I cannot reuse their old source code to support it, the components are no longer compatible.

384.15 is based on firmware 384_81351. Asus's firmware for the RT-AC87U is still based on older 382 code, so I cannot reuse their old source code to support it, the components are no longer compatible.
ok thank you. this is such a good router to

Last edited:
AMTM working on the new alpha build. I uninstalled amtm to begin with and then upgraded the firmware. All is well! Nice integration! :D:D

Updated my 3 models and amtm shows FW as the version. I uninstalled amtm to begin with. My AP however never had it and now does...;):)

And for a different test on my RT-AX88U.

• Router was up for 6 days and a few hours.
  • Free RAM was at 36MB.
  • No reboot was done at this time.
  • Safely removed USB drive using GUI.
  • Free RAM was at 349MB.
  • Flashed Alpha 2, rebooted and was amtm v3.1 FW ready.
  • (Note that amtm v3.1 and all scripts were fully up-to-date, to begin with, including unbound_manager.sh v1.27).
No drama at all. But surfing sure seems faster now. :)

Free RAM after flashing firmware and simply surfing the web is at 306MB after 15 minutes uptime. Performed one more reboot here (as I always do) and will let this bake for the next few hours.

Great job and congrats to @RMerlin and @thelonelycoder and all the other less visible programmers who made this happen so successfully.

Updated my 3 models and amtm shows FW as the version. I uninstalled amtm to begin with. My AP however never had it and now does...;):)

Please DON‘T remove the regular amtm before updating. Just enter amtm after and see what happens. What‘s the point of alpha/beta testing if noone tests new things? amtm should handle itself just fine, if not I‘ll have some input from testers to work with.

Ok, did NOT uninstall the regular amtm. Updated the firmware to this latest Alpha on an AX88u. Logged in and ran amtm. It was the regular version. Did the "u" update and - it asked if I wanted to migrate to the firmware version. Did the "Y" and it did the migration.
Good to go!

I just updated to Alpha2. Rebooted and ran amtm. Did not have to run the u option as it already showed the new fw version in the menu header. Great job everyone!

Argh, I‘ll add a check in amtm so you don‘t have to.
I can see this being a problem, but it is nice to have disk check on that AP. I tested using the right methodology, I left one with amtm on it and upgraded, and a unit without it before the upgrade, all went fine.

What‘s the point of alpha/beta testing if noone tests new things? amtm should handle itself just fine, if not I‘ll have some input from testers to work with.
You didn't post any specific testing you wanted done. Sorry if this was somehow incomplete.

Please DON‘T remove the regular amtm before updating. Just enter amtm after and see what happens. What‘s the point of alpha/beta testing if noone tests new things? amtm should handle itself just fine, if not I‘ll have some input from testers to work with.
I just flashed to 384.15_alpha2 and amtm shows version FW-384.15. amtm was installed before flashing. I tested several options and no issues to report.

I wanted magic pixie dust and sparkles raining down everywhere! :p

This is what I got. Smooth, quiet, clean, no drama. :D
Code:
ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AC86U 384.15_alpha2-g42112679cc Mon Jan 27 03:50:13 UTC 2020
usr-name@RT-AC86U-4608:/tmp/home/root#

Code:
 amtm 3.1.0 FW             by thelonelycoder 
 RT-AC86U (aarch64) FW-384.15 @ 192.168.1.1
    The Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu         
 1  open     Diversion                 v4.1.8
 2  open     Skynet                    v7.0.9
 5  open     scribe                    v2.4.1
 j6 open     uiScribe                  v1.2.0
 ep manage   Entware packages
 dc manage   Disk check script   dcl show log
 sw manage   Swap file /mnt/SNB 512.0M
 i  show     all available scripts or tools
 u  check    for script updates
    amtm options
 e  exit      t  theme   r  reset   a  about
 Enter option

Never had amtm before and now I do. Never even enabled jffs or custom scripts. Everything was handled by amtm upon first run.

Excellent work, thelonelycoder.

I just installed the alpha2 firmware on both my AX88 units without problems, everything works fine!

Is there a changelog available to see what has been changed in these alpha builds?

Possible bug:
Loaded Alpha2, checked amtm and FW-384.15 loaded. Good. So I clicked i to show list. spdMerlin wasn't loaded, so entered j4 and main amtm menu comes up. No loading spdMerlin. Isn't it suppose to start loading spdMerlin or am I missing something?

Nevermind: Missed message that spdMerlin requires Entware repository message (maybe warning messages should be in different color)

I just installed the alpha2 firmware on both my AX88 units without problems, everything works fine!

Is there a changelog available to see what has been changed in these alpha builds?
There is a link in post #1 of this thread. RMerlin states he does not track and document closely on alpha, he will on beta phase.

Reactions: a5m
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!