What's new

[384.9_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
5Ghz failed to register after an hour of up time.
Tools showed it as disabled, and the LED was off.
Wireless > Professional showed the radio was on.
Upper right tooltip for wireless info said it was on, and broadcasting on XYZ channels.

Not sure why, but rolling back to 384.8_2 brought all functionality back.
Hi, I found a solution from rmerlin's screenshot. Turn off smart connect ,set up 2.4G&5G wireless to different ssid , 5g working fine on 394.9_alpha now.

Hi, I found a solution from rmerlin's screenshot. Turn off smart connect ,set up 2.4G&5G wireless to different ssid , 5g working fine on 394.9_alpha now.
This is a smart way to go. ;):)

Did this fix the log spam? On the 86U right?
If you have AiProtection on, you'll get the dcd crash also. I would be willing to live without the statistics, but not AiProtection.

I tried downgrading the TM engine components for the RT-AC86U, we'll see with the next alpha build if it helps.

I tried downgrading the TM engine components for the RT-AC86U, we'll see with the next alpha build if it helps.
For me personally, since I know what it is now I'm find to just live with it if it can't be fixed until ASUS fixes it. It doesn't seem to be hurting anything other than spamming the syslog.

Hello,

The last alpha on my 3100 i have a lot of wifi drop on both wireless, i downgrade to the previous alpha dated December 26th and it's working perfectly

Hello,

The last alpha on my 3100 i have a lot of wifi drop on both wireless, i downgrade to the previous alpha dated December 26th and it's working perfectly
I have a AC3100 and it's wifi is rock solid! Something distinct to your environment. If you downgrade and it all works again this would suggest you need to factory reset and hand configure. Importing in your case would be a bad idea.;):)

It doesn't seem to be hurting anything other than spamming the syslog.

It's also causing forum spam because people can't take 5 mins to do a forum search and realize they are the 20th person to ask the same frigging question... Heck, people can't even take the time to read the very thread in which they are posting when the question they are asking was already answered in the same thread.

I have a AC3100 and it's wifi is rock solid! Something distinct to your environment. If you downgrade and it all works again this would suggest you need to factory reset and hand configure. Importing in your case would be a bad idea.;):)
I did, same problem, do you think you can share your wireless professional settings

It's also causing forum spam because people can't take 5 mins to do a forum search and realize they are the 20th person to ask the same frigging question... Heck, people can't even take the time to read the very thread in which they are posting when the question they are asking was already answered in the same thread.
I work on a helpdesk where the ticket submission form literally searches our KB, and the number of people that ignoring the suggested articles that will solve the problem just for me to send it to them...

If you have AiProtection on, you'll get the dcd crash also. I would be willing to live without the statistics, but not AiProtection.
Just an FYI, I have my AI Protection off and I am getting the dcd crash regularly on my RT-AC86U.

A fine new year to all of you.

@RMerlin, I just updated to the newest alpha build for my AC5300: RT-AC5300_384.9_alpha1-gce9e63186.
In the log-file I noticed these entries which are new to this build.

Jan 1 08:55:14 rc_service: watchdog 333:notify_rc start_cfgsync
Jan 1 08:55:44 rc_service: watchdog 333:notify_rc start_cfgsync
Jan 1 08:56:14 rc_service: watchdog 333:notify_rc start_cfgsync
Jan 1 08:56:44 rc_service: watchdog 333:notify_rc start_cfgsync
Jan 1 08:57:14 rc_service: watchdog 333:notify_rc start_cfgsync
Jan 1 08:57:44 rc_service: watchdog 333:notify_rc start_cfgsync

btw: I later noticed the NVRAM usage fluctuating but also growing. Could this be related to the problem mentioned above?
Thank you for your time,

Cor
Same thing here--hundreds of these entries. Tried a hard router/modem reboot, and the problem just started over...

(RT-AC5300 with latest Alpha)
Here is a sample:
Jan 5 14:34:57 rc_service: watchdog 336:notify_rc start_cfgsync
Jan 5 14:35:27 rc_service: watchdog 336:notify_rc start_cfgsync
Jan 5 14:35:57 rc_service: watchdog 336:notify_rc start_cfgsync
Jan 5 14:36:28 rc_service: watchdog 336:notify_rc start_cfgsync
Jan 5 14:36:57 rc_service: watchdog 336:notify_rc start_cfgsync
Jan 5 14:37:00 dnsmasq[322]: failed to send packet: Operation not permitted
Jan 5 14:37:01 dnsmasq[322]: failed to send packet: Operation not permitted
Jan 5 14:37:02 dnsmasq[322]: failed to send packet: Operation not permitted
Jan 5 14:37:02 dnsmasq[322]: failed to send packet: Operation not permitt

Last edited:
Just an FYI, I have my AI Protection off and I am getting the dcd crash regularly on my RT-AC86U.
I'm not the expert, but I think from Merlin's posts that any Trend Micro service that is running will cause it.

5Ghz failed to register after an hour of up time.
Tools showed it as disabled, and the LED was off.
Wireless > Professional showed the radio was on.
Upper right tooltip for wireless info said it was on, and broadcasting on XYZ channels.

Not sure why, but rolling back to 384.8_2 brought all functionality back.
I had the same issue and rolling back to stable Merlin fixed it as well. I did a reset thru the interface and also did the 30/30/30 reset also booted in safe mode and cleared nvram. All the while 5ghz never initialized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!