What's new

Asus RT-AC88U meshed with RT-AC3100

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mike H

New Around Here
I set up the 88 as the master and the 3100 as the meshed Node. The 3100 is hooked up through an ethernet run from downstairs media room to an upstairs office. The 3100 is placed where it will have broad reach from upstairs. Couple questions since this my first time setting up a meshed network.

1. Can I use the 4 ports on the back of the 3100 (wired slave) for ethernet connections or will that router try and assign new ip addresses and mess up the network? I had my PC and Printer hooked up to it and it seemed to make other connections drop. Could have been some other settings too...

2. How can I tell if the meshed router is actually picking up and connecting devices? Will it appear they are all on the AC88U or is there a way to tell if the the 3100 Slave is actually connecting devices??

are you using AI mesh, or setting up a more traditional access point?

Traditionally, you'd plug the Ethernet from upstairs into one of the 3100's LAN ports, not the WAN port.

I was setting up AI mesh. For AI Mesh it would be the WAN port, correct? For Access point the LAN?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!