What's new

ASUS RT-AX88U drops connection every 5-20mins for 5s-2mins.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

d1t

New Around Here
When this happens my upload traffic spikes up to 90-300Mb/s. WRT-Merlin is not the issue here, it was installed to try and fix the issue. Been trying to solve this for a while, and have yet to have any success. Anytime I look for an answer, I end up on this forum, so I thought maybe someone here could have an answer. I've included a picture of the issue in action.

S9YuzEz.png

Try setting the 'Connect to DNS Server automatically' to 'NO' on the WAN page.

And using 1.0.0.1 and 1.1.1.1 for DNS Server 1 and 2, respectively.

What does your syslog show during these disconnected times?

I've also noticed that my CPU usage on the routers freaks out when this happens?
f060459ac31e54bfbb36f375c18ef042.png

Did you reboot the router and client devices after your changes?

Check through the Adaptive QoS -> Apps Analysis page to determine what is causing that traffic.

Check through the Adaptive QoS -> Apps Analysis page to determine what is causing that traffic.

This fixed it! I'm not sure why at all buy my home security camera DVR was the cause. After disconnecting it from the network I haven't had any issues. Not sure how that makes any sense butttt I'm just happy to have my internet back. Thanks for making Merlin too!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!