What's new

No 6e band on axe16000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Galaad

Occasional Visitor
Hi!

I bought a new axe16000 and added it to my mesh setup but I cannot see or detect the 6e band.

I see it in the UI but my iPad pro( the only device capable of connecting to the 6e) doesn’t detect the band.

My setup is this.

Ax11000 as the brain
4 zen ax6000 as satellites
1 axe16000 as satellite.

Do I need to do something special to use the 6e band?

TIA

As an interim thought until someone with practical experience of the issue comes along. AiMesh tends to mirror the settings of the master unit to the satellites as far as is practical. It may be, that because there is no 6e on the master unit, you are not going to see the 6e band on any capable satellites!

Hi!

I bought a new axe16000 and added it to my mesh setup but I cannot see or detect the 6e band.

I see it in the UI but my iPad pro( the only device capable of connecting to the 6e) doesn’t detect the band.

My setup is this.

Ax11000 as the brain
4 zen ax6000 as satellites
1 axe16000 as satellite.

Do I need to do something special to use the 6e band?

TIA
Switch the AXE16000 as your primary and make the other units nodes (if you want AiMesh). Note that you will be unable to access 6E from anywhere but your primary i.e. range considerations. You could also add the axe16k as an AP and I believe you would see the 6E band if in range. Good luck.

As an interim thought until someone with practical experience of the issue comes along. AiMesh tends to mirror the settings of the master unit to the satellites as far as is practical. It may be, that because there is no 6e on the master unit, you are not going to see the 6e band on any capable satellites!
Thing is that i can see in the UI that the AXE is broadcasting the band but is not available on my ipad.

I cant change the AX11000 as master since is in the network room, nowhere near my master bedroom.

So sad

Switch the AXE16000 as your primary and make the other units nodes (if you want AiMesh). Note that you will be unable to access 6E from anywhere but your primary i.e. range considerations. You could also add the axe16k as an AP and I believe you would see the 6E band if in range. Good luck.
Thanks man!

I guess that ill need to do undo all my network and do it again

Thanks man!

I guess that ill need to do undo all my network and do it again
If your going to splurge on the bid daddy spider it really should be your primary anyway. Or you could go the AP route.
Got to ask, your ipad pro--is it the 11 inch 4th gen, or 12.9 6th gen? those are the only two ipad pro's that support 6e

There's another issue that you might be facing, which is that client devices (certainly including Apple's) typically don't scan the 6GHz band directly --- there's too much of it, so it'd take too long/eat too much power. What they do is look for 2.4GHz and/or 5GHz beacons matching the SSID(s) they've been told to use, and then see if the beacons mention the existence of a 6GHz channel being broadcast by the same AP. (This is called a Reduced Neighbor Report frame within the beacon packet.) So if you don't have 2.4 and/or 5 enabled on the axe16000, nothing is going to happen.

(Even if you do, it might be that the AIMesh primary fails to tell the satellite to send RNR frames, if the primary is 6GHz-ignorant. I don't know exactly where this is controlled in AIMesh.)

I concur with the advice to use your most-capable AP as the AIMesh primary. That's what Asus is expecting you to do, and it's pretty clear that they don't really test or worry about other cases.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!