What's new

RT-AC87u soft-bricked. LEDs not blinking

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Shurov

New Around Here
Hi.

Long story short - currently my router cannot boot. No rescue mode. No ping.

When I power it on - LEDs on LAN2-4 and WAN blink for half a second and that's all. Afterwards - no LEDs are glowing\blinking at all. Veeery poor glow can be seen on Power LED (blue color) and WAN LED (red color) - but it's not like the LED is fully on.
If a cable is inserted in LAN2-4 or WAN - corresponding LED will be constantly glowing (so, these are the only leds that glow). Anyway, I still cannot ping router from PC that is in 192.168.1.x group.

I've tried (all with no results):
  • Powering on with WPS button pressed (and 10 sec afterwards)
  • Detaching power cable for 3 hours and powering with WPS again
What also can I try?

Last edited:
Hi.

Long story short - currently my router cannot boot. No rescue mode. No ping.

When I power it on - LEDs on LAN2-4 and WAN blink for half a second and that's all. Afterwards - no LEDs are glowing\blinking at all. Veeery poor glow can be seen on Power LED (blue color) and WAN LED (red color) - but it's not like the LED is fully on.
If a cable is inserted in LAN2-4 or WAN - corresponding LED will be constantly glowing (so, these are the only leds that glow). Anyway, I still cannot ping router from PC that is in 192.168.1.x group.

I've tried (all with no results):
  • Powering on with WPS button pressed (and 10 sec afterwards)
  • Detaching power cable for 3 hours and powering with WPS again
What also can I try?
Try a recover with tools from asus, for firmware restore.

Time for a new router I think.

Last edited:
try new power supply

@chrizarus, you're replying to a 3-year-old post. :)

You may want to try the steps in the link below (and note, holding the WPS button for 10 seconds isn't long enough. Keep holding it down until the router either turns off or reboots).

Fully Reset Router and Network

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!