What's new

[384.15_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anything of significance in the 384.15 alpha build for 88U routers?

I read that. The key is "significance". I see nothing in the change log of significance for 88U routers.

- UPDATED: curl to 7.67.0.
- UPDATED: odhcp6c to 1.1-97-ge199804 (themiron)​

?

Anton
Anton,
Looking at my GUI I think the following are something new ... I thought it is significant ;)
  • Authentication Method (Includes WPA3-Personal, WPA2/WPA3-Personal)
  • Wi-Fi Agile Multiband
  • Others ... I think it is a different SDK

Anton,
Looking at my GUI I think the following are something new ... I thought it is significant ;)
  • Authentication Method (Includes WPA3-Personal, WPA2/WPA3-Personal)
  • Wi-Fi Agile Multiband
  • Others ... I think it is a different SDK
Just want to point out that WPA3 is only available for the AX88U and AntonK has an AC88U. The part I'm looking forward to with 384.15 is the ability for add-on scripts to be included in the UI. See this teaser over here.

I have a new 86U and immediately loaded .15a1 onto it and set it up. I've noticed a few things:
  • I cannot change the admin password after the initial screen. I change it, it seems to be accepted, but only the original password is accepted.
  • The 2.4 guest networks can't be changed after being initially set up. I set up 2 originally, then deleted them, added a new third, deleted it, but only the original two are seen by clients while only the third is in the GUI.
  • I cannot downgrade to .14 from the GUI.
EDIT: Never mind this for the moment. There is no single thing other than internet access that is working. Diversion purports not to be installed, but is still ad blocking. The VPN servers are running but can't connect. Scribe and UiScribe are running but the logs are messed up. AMTM reports there is no USB connected, but I can see it. So I think I'm heading for the firmware restoration tool.

Last edited:
yes, there's lots of fun ahead :)
https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/Addons-API

Just when you can’t really imagine what else is up RMerlin’s sleeve. This is going to be a game-changer for the SNB community!
Well asus doesn't always make things easy with their intermittently changing updates. @RMerlin I am excited to see you have once again decided to take part at playing your hand in the stakes at the developers interest. This is as big as custom scripts option is in the eyes of some of these brilliant developers (@thelonelycoder , @Adamm , @Jack Yaz )

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/Addons-API

Just when you can’t really imagine what else is up RMerlin’s sleeve. This is going to be a game-changer for the SNB community!

Wow, impressive job RMerlin! This is what Open Source is all about. And, as these routers continue to increase their processing and memory capabilities (Moore’s Law ;-) it’s great to see a way for the development community to expand their functionality!
Like I said Wow
Happy New Year!

5.5 days since installing the 15A1 firmware...it is rock solid!
Temps are 2.4 GHz: 41°C - 5 GHz: 45°C - CPU: 52°C; and the RAM use is running 47% nominal...
I am getting full speed from my provider with very low CPU load increases and no RAM/Temp increase at all.
Great Stuff!
Thanks, Eric!

Oh dear, when are we 87U/3200'ers going to join the party? C'mon Asus, send out to RMerlin those invitation cards! ;)

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/384-15_alpha-builds-testing-all-variants.60731/#post-534293

Just submitting a 'boring' report that I've been running the RT-AX88U_384.15_alpha1-gd2fea342ca_cferom_ubi.w firmware now for 13 days, 13 hours, 36 minutes with nary a hiccup.

When will this be renamed 'final'? :)

Today, 15 days and 15 hours with no issues on the above firmware, I flashed the more recent RT-AX88U_384.15_alpha1-gc6e21dc614_cferom_ubi version.

The network seems just as stable for such a short time I've tested it (less than 3/4 of an hour), but even with a reboot after about 15 minutes, the status shows the internet as 'disconnected' even with fast.com showing 1Gbps (down) and 860Mbps (up) with latency of 1ms (unloaded) and 5ms (loaded). I have also tested Network Monitoring: DNS Query/Ping settings with no joy (including a reboot in between each changed setting).

The RT-AX88U router I have is brand new and less than 3 weeks old with Hardware vA1.1 (China) made in 2019.

Specifically: no bootloader modifications were made either (and the version it has is 1.0.1.0). ;)

I'm not asking for help here, I have seen the many other posts about this issue.

This is a report for RMerlin that will hopefully help him track down the root cause (if he can, closed source blobs notwithstanding, of course).

I will keep using this firmware as right now this seems just superficial (showing internet disconnected, but in reality, it is not).

Wishing each and everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year and all the best in 2020!

I have a bunch of these logs on my device
Jan 1 12:13:27 afpd[15947]: ad_valid_header_osx("/tmp/mnt/Backup/.___var.txt"): not an adouble:eek:sx file

I was wondering hopeing that somebody could just comment out this log from the afpd server?
The log is useless.

Today, 15 days and 15 hours with no issues on the above firmware, I flashed the more recent RT-AX88U_384.15_alpha1-gc6e21dc614_cferom_ubi version.

The network seems just as stable for such a short time I've tested it (less than 3/4 of an hour), but even with a reboot after about 15 minutes, the status shows the internet as 'disconnected' even with fast.com showing 1Gbps (down) and 860Mbps (up) with latency of 1ms (unloaded) and 5ms (loaded). I have also tested Network Monitoring: DNS Query/Ping settings with no joy (including a reboot in between each changed setting).

The RT-AX88U router I have is brand new and less than 3 weeks old with Hardware vA1.1 (China) made in 2019.

Specifically: no bootloader modifications were made either (and the version it has is 1.0.1.0). ;)

I'm not asking for help here, I have seen the many other posts about this issue.

This is a report for RMerlin that will hopefully help him track down the root cause (if he can, closed source blobs notwithstanding, of course).

I will keep using this firmware as right now this seems just superficial (showing internet disconnected, but in reality, it is not).

Wishing each and everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year and all the best in 2020!
I have not seen "disconnected" bug with this AX-88U since I had it. The latest alpha1 for almost a week running is very stable even if it's running in a perceived buggy GPL(7756) for me but of course the experiences may vary depending to the options you choose.

uptime.jpg

My AX88U is not showing the issue. One week uptime.

I don't really want to install anymore, and this log really shows nothing interesting.

I realize i can figure stuff out, seems that the log shouldn't be there.
From my research on the same log entries, they are there on all USB devices attached to an ASUS router. My guess from what I can find is that is how ASUS keeps track of the USB device attached or maybe it is entware or an installed script, might even by amtm. There are a few files in the root of each USB drive. (I have two.)
Code:
-rw-rw-r--  1 ownr ownr   42 Dec 27 06:50 .__folder_list.txt
-rw-rw-r--  1 ownr ownr    0 Dec 27 06:50 .__folder_list.txt.42
-rw-rw-r--  1 ownr ownr   31 Dec 22 09:15 .__ownr%5Fnam_var.txt
-rw-rw-r--  1 ownr ownr    0 Dec 27 06:50 .__ownr%5Fnam_var.txt.31
-rw-rw-r--  1 ownr ownr   69 Aug 29  2018 .___var.txt
-rw-rw-r--  1 ownr ownr    0 Dec 27 06:50 .___var.txt.69
This is the contents of .__var.txt (they are mostly hidden files with the preceding dot, but I show hidden files with my SFTP client from my Linux box)
Code:
*=331
*adblocking=331
*skynet=331
*entware=331
*old-jffs_scripts=331
and .__folder_list.txt
Code:
sh_num=2
sh_name0=entware
sh_name1=skynet
And Apple Time Machine does not like them, so it complains with log entries. :oops:

I use Scribe from cmkelley to filter them out, such a great, useful utility!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!