What's new

[384.15_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up and operational on my AiMesh back-haul AX88U & AC86U with the XMAS present Alpha code. To convert the wireless from WPA2-Personal to WPA2/WPA3-Personal get a message that AiMesh will be become invalid. From that message, truly have to setup AiMesh again?

Up and operational on my AiMesh back-haul AX88U & AC86U with the XMAS present Alpha code. To convert the wireless from WPA2-Personal to WPA2/WPA3-Personal get a message that AiMesh will be become invalid. From that message, truly have to setup AiMesh again?

Nope, nothing will happen to it. Just disregard the warning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, nothing will happen to it. Just disregard the warning.

Thanks. 5GHz updated immediately then did 2.4GHz and it did a 15-20second refresh. Didn't lose AiMesh, all's good!!

dirty upgrade my aimesh nodes (ax88u- ac86u- ac68u) and looks good, a few new log messages and a kernel error already reported by someone before being nothing

Code:
CFG80211-ERROR) wl_cfg80211_change_station : WLC_SCB_AUTHORIZE sta_flags_mask not set

this one looks new

Code:
kernel: CFG80211-ERROR) wl_cfg80211_sta_info : GET STA INFO failed, -21

and finally aiprotect reporting something new:

- wireless encryption enabled, being weak (moved from wpa-auto-personal to wpa2/wpa3)
- wireless password strength check, being weak (was strong before above change)

dirty upgrade my aimesh nodes (ax88u- ac86u- ac68u) and looks good, a few new log messages and a kernel error already reported by someone before being nothing

Code:
CFG80211-ERROR) wl_cfg80211_change_station : WLC_SCB_AUTHORIZE sta_flags_mask not set

this one looks new

Code:
kernel: CFG80211-ERROR) wl_cfg80211_sta_info : GET STA INFO failed, -21

and finally aiprotect reporting something new:

- wireless encryption enabled, being weak (moved from wpa-auto-personal to wpa2/wpa3)
- wireless password strength check, being weak (was strong before above change)

AiProtect complaint, known issue. Just ignore it.

Last edited:
Updated and on first boot, this is logged. No other mention of inadyn and no indication registration was retried.
Code:
Dec 27 09:29:47 inadyn[1375]: Failed connecting to dynupdate.no-ip.com: Interrupted system call

SSH in and restart DDNS, no entries in the log.
Code:
admin@RT-AC86U-E5F8:/tmp/home/root# service restart_ddns

Done.
admin@RT-AC86U-E5F8:/tmp/home/root#

EDIT:
Puzzling. I rolled back to .14 and experience the same.
Reentered the DDNS password in DDNS settings rebooted, same result.
Reapplied .15a and issue is gone. No log entries.

Last edited:
Found one quirk today with this 384.15 alpha code, in WPA2/WPA3-Personal mode, in that I lose communication with my Epson 837 Artisan printer. Flip the 2.4GHz back to WPA2-Personal mode from WPA2/WPA3-Personal mode and all ok within 30secs. Easy to replicate the issue. Printer has run flawlessly on all the Merlin code releases for last 18mths (if you have Airtime fairness & Universal beamforming, disabled).

Also suspect my 2.4GHz moisture/water detector sensors around the house affected too with WPA2/WPA3-Personal enabled, as they had been messaging the 2.4GHz link was in-operational.
| Update 31Dec'19. WPA2/WPA3-personal mode the 2.4GHz sensors at home for water, humidity, temp stop working. Flip back to WPA2-personal and then all ok.

Here's my 2.4GHz settings...
wireless1.jpg
wireless2.jpg

Last edited:
Dirty update to 384.15_alpha1 from 384.14_0 on RT-AC86U 57+ hours ago without any issues at all to report.

Available builds:
RT-AC68U
RT-AC86U
RT-AC88U
RT-AC3100
RT-AC5300
RT-AX88U
Off-Topic (sort of): Does anyone have any insight (and isn't under NDA) on ASUS' plans or lack thereof for the AC3200 & AC87U? I use my AC3200 for a testing router for scribe updates.

FYI As of this moment the author of oisd.nl blocking list does not have the onedrive block in the list anymore after probably getting many reports of false positives.

This is still blocked by the way. Maybe the author of the list changed his mind....It is still beyond me why there is a need to block this site.

Smooth Dirty upgrade to 384.15Alpha1 on AC5300.
Router Temp dropped 3 degrees compared to 381.14.
DNSSec/DOT work fine. L2TP client works fine.
WiFi signal strength: equal to 381.14 (approximately 5% less compared to 381.13).
No sign of WPA3 (I mention this I somehow was under the impression it would be available in this version).

No sign of WPA3 (I mention this I somehow was under the impression it would be available in this version).

WPA3 is only available for the AX88U

Hi octopus,

Thanks for including the Changelog-NG (now I know where to find it)

I flashed RT-AX88U_384.15_alpha1-gc6e21dc614 and did a complete GUI Factory Reset.

For WiFi, It is stable for my environment, where I Manually set
  • 5.0 GHz Band: Control Channel -> 36 and bandwidth -> 80MHz
  • 2.4 GHz Band: Control Channel -> 11 and bandwidth -> 20MHz
I Observed Let’s Encrypted is not working, I am using ASUS DDNS
384.15Alpha1(before).png

My work around is as follows:
  • Simply dirty flash Stock AX88U_3.0.0.4_384_7968 over Merlin RT-AX88U_384.15_alpha1
  • Let’s Encrypt works
  • 3.0.0.4_384_7968.png

• finally dirty flash Merlin RT-AX88U_384.15_alpha1 over Stock AX88U_3.0.0.4_384_7968
  • 384.15Alpha1(after).png

I Observed Let’s Encrypted is not working, I am using ASUS DDNS
Have you tried to just renew the certificate (there are changes to it!)?

Have you tried to just renew the certificate (there are changes to it!)?
MDM,
How do you do that? Thanks.

For the people trying LetsEncrypt, please remember you have NO NEED for a certificate if you don't plan to use HTTPS access to the router. Make sure you have access to the webui set to as BOTH on the Administration>System bottom of page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!