What's new

[384.15_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmed - seeing the same behaviour on my AX88U - unless I close the browser I will not get locked out as it was with previous versions of the FW.
Open the webui in one tab and open it again in another, it should by design log out the other tab.

Open the webui in one tab and open it again in another, it should by design log out the other tab.

Yes - that works - but previously I was logged out after XX minutes and had to re-login when returning - this does not seem to work anymore

Yes - that works - but previously I was logged out after XX minutes and had to re-login when returning - this does not seem to work anymore
Does for me on my AX88U.

Does for me on my AX88U.

How many minutes do you have auto logout set for? Perhaps the setting can only work with a two digit number and if you enter three digits it truncates the first digit and sees my 300 setting as 00 which it would interpret as a zero and disable out logout.

How many minutes do you have auto logout set for? Perhaps the setting can only work with a two digit number and if you enter three digits it truncates the first digit and sees my 300 setting as 00 which it would interpret as a zero and disable out logout.
Bingo! 00 is 0!

Having the webui open for 5 hours isn't likely a good idea TBH. :rolleyes:

Having the webui open for 5 hours isn't likely a good idea TBH. :rolleyes:
I'll give you a scenario: let's say you are using a VPN to access your router, you are logged in when suddenly you lose connection, the VPN or your cell phone loses it's signal. Now you have been cut off and while searching for the problem you now need to log back in. With your current settings you would be denied access until the first user logged out, in your case 5 hours. That may or may not be a problem for you.

That appears to be your issue, maybe check to see how large your blockfile is or temporarily disable it.
It would help to see the whole diversion process line. The reason is that, a long time ago, I had problems with Diversion pinning a core on a hung sort of the shell history. In this case, I would turn off shell history in Diversion, kill the CPU consuming processes and then turn shell history back on in Diversion.

Does for me on my AX88U.
Just checked on mine - it is set default to 30 minutes - coming back after 50 minutes to the open browser session I was still logged on/in, not kicked out and having to log in as with previous versions. ...

Just checked on mine - it is set default to 30 minutes - coming back after 50 minutes to the open browser session I was still logged on/in, not kicked out and having to log in as with previous versions. ...

Quick update - changed the never-before-touched timeout default to 20 minutes and log out is working since then. I cannot tell, if it is 20 minutes down to the second but working at least.

I'll give you a scenario: let's say you are using a VPN to access your router, you are logged in when suddenly you lose connection, the VPN or your cell phone loses it's signal. Now you have been cut off and while searching for the problem you now need to log back in. With your current settings you would be denied access until the first user logged out, in your case 5 hours. That may or may not be a problem for you.

Not really an issue as when I am away for more than a few hours I shut my PC down. I also have an automatic reset switch which if my router loses Internet connectivity reboots both the modem and router and finally if I was really desperate to gain access I can always go into the Comcast app on my phone and sign into my account and once I am logged into my account hit the button that forces the modem to reboot which then drops all open sessions and connected devices on the router because the automatic reset switch kicks in. Then using the VPN server I again regain access to the router as no other device is connected connected to the log in page as even if the PC I use to connect to my router restores the browser session I haven't stored my log on credentials so the PC can't connect to the router.

20 minutes and log out is working

Thanks for the info. I will change from 300 minutes to 25 minutes to see what happens on mine but even if it works I will go back to 300 or what ever the OS is interpreting 300.

UPDATE: Just ran a test with it 25 minutes and it worked fine and logged me out. Strange that the timer doesn't seem to work for any setting for more than 30 minutes and yet when I set the timer for SSH at 40 minutes that works.

1/14/20: Works at 25 and 99 for me. Now have set at 110 to see what happens.

1/15/20: Did not work for either 110 or 115 minutes for me. With just casual testing it appears that if more than two digits are entered setting defaults to 0.

Last edited:
Spoke too soon. Same issue popped up again this morning for my 86U in Media Bridge mode. It appears connected but its not. I can sign in to it and all information shows its connected by nothing is flowing through it, none of the wired clients connected to it are actually on-line. I've gone all the way back to Asus OEM FW. Worked fine this morning but that's just one day.

This started showing up with RMerlin's 384.14 but that could be coincidental.

Does 384.15_Alpha include fixes from 384.14_2 ?

I did not make tests which would make me sure it works better than previous firmware but from stability standpoint 384.14_2 seems to fix some issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
No luck here on ac86u.
All looked ok, all worked but not able to get in th GUI.
I did power off for 10 minutes, GUI working again, but failed after a couple of hours.
Checked this for three days, same result.
Did no router reset.

Flashed back to 384.14-2.
All working but had to re-format the usb drive and start from scratch with diversion, skynet and freshjr. Thats all I use.
Strange it got corrupted.

All fine now for the last 4 days.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T580 met Tapatalk

Does 384.15_Alpha include fixes from 384.14_2 ?

I did not make tests which would make me sure it works better than previous firmware but from stability standpoint 384.14_2 seems to fix some issues.
I'm not sure, but i believe the bug that 14_2 fixed never made it to 15 in the first place, as it's a different gpl pull. Willing to be overruled though.

Updated to the latest alpha 384.15_alpha1-g95c8d4370f and now I'm seeing this error:
kernel: CFG80211-ERROR) wl_cfg80211_change_station : WLC_SCB_AUTHORIZE sta_flags_mask not set
But everything seems to work fine. I'll ignore it for now.

Last edited:
RT-AC5300: Installed 384.15_alpha1-gbbe574ca0d
Initially my internet gateway went haywire. (ISP had to reset my fiber link completely 2 times)(I am not 100% sure if this was a coincidence but chances are very likely).
After that it all became stabilized.
Wi-Fi Signal Strength is 5% lower compared to the previous alpha version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!