What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.47 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The SDK5 build uses an older wireless driver that seems better optimised for the N66U than the SDK6 driver Asus moved to.

The downside to using this old build is it's now missing a lot of security updates that newer firmware contains.
Ah, ok, well then maybe I will soldier-on with the SDK6 version given WiFi performance is of less concern to me...

Thanks for that.

Excuse me, how long about 376.48 official download ? My RT-AC87U on 376.47 doesn't work properly. Thank you.

Excuse me, how long about 376.48 official download ? My RT-AC87U on 376.47 doesn't work properly. Thank you.

There's currently no established timetable for the next release.

RSS feed for Download manager

Hey Merlin, incredible job so far on the firmwares

I know it's very idealistic..but any chance the Download Master may be improved with automatic RSS feeds for torrents ? :D

Thanks so much

oh, one more thing..is there any setting to adjust refresh rate of Media Server content?
just added some files and they're not yet being detected
thanks again :)

This is the proper way to clear the nvram:
Code:
mtd-erase -d nvram && clear nvram && reboot

You do it in the linux shell prompt by opening a telnet or ssh connection to your router.

"clear" is the command to simply clear the screen. It won't hurt in this sequence, but it won't do anything, either.

Hey Merlin, incredible job so far on the firmwares

I know it's very idealistic..but any chance the Download Master may be improved with automatic RSS feeds for torrents ? :D

Thanks so much

Download Master source code is not part of the firmware code.

oh, one more thing..is there any setting to adjust refresh rate of Media Server content?

There's no scheduled rescan. Originally, new files were immediately added through the kernel's inotify process. However Asus recently broke that functionality.

There's no scheduled rescan. Originally, new files were immediately added through the kernel's inotify process. However Asus recently broke that functionality.

any fix for it? cause now i have to restart my router every time i want a file to be added :(

any fix for it? cause now i have to restart my router every time i want a file to be added :(

Only Asus can fix it, cause if I revert their change, it completely crashes another component that's closed-source, so I have no way of fixing it at that level.

via ssh/telnet try entering

Code:
minidlna -R -f /tmp/etc/minidlna.conf

to force a full rescan. If that works, we can take the next step.

via ssh/telnet try entering

Code:
minidlna -R -f /tmp/etc/minidlna.conf

to force a full rescan. If that works, we can take the next step.

I'm not the original requestor but that wouldn't work because the firmware starts minidlna with -R already. So you need to kill the process first. For the time being I "solved" the issue by downgrading :)

Like my sig says i still using 372.31 as I really haven had any issue or reason to change yet.

To update to 376.47 I need to do factory restore after update then put all my settings back in correct?

What about my Cron jobs do i have put that back in too?

And on off chance things go horrible wrong would i be able to just flash the previous Firmware i was using factory reset and be fine after putting settings back?

Last edited:
To update the progress, I was able to make and insert all the modules, except one:
snd-usb-lib.ko
I got an error when I was making the modules
.config:1841:warning: symbol value 'm' invalid for SND_USB
and later was offered an option like this
USB sound devices (SND_USB) [Y/n/?] (NEW)
Obviously I can only use Y.

So I am stuck unless the next version from Merlin is complied with SND_USB=Y

well i update to 376.47 and set everything back to way it was and all looks good. Cron job look intact tooo

Though i still don't get QOS Apparently since the last time I had QOS off my D/U speed went from 100-25 to 120-40 for wired connectons, But soon as i put QOS wired speeds Down drops to no faster then 100mbit up 40mbit

This is with QOS set for 40 Up 125 Down. is that normal? Now before I update firmware QOS was set to 80/25 and wired was getting 100/25 but now even with 125/40 in QOS setting wired speeds dont really go past 100mbit some times it does some times it dont, but 40mbit for up result in 40 up ,Also PS3/PS4 still report fragmented ip is not support by router when QOS on

I do like the update to connected page it now show correct wifi strength for said client.

Last edited:
I'm not the original requestor but that wouldn't work because the firmware starts minidlna with -R already. So you need to kill the process first. For the time being I "solved" the issue by downgrading :)

I just upgraded not knowing about this problem! Doh!!
What version did you downgrade to? Did you downgrade to an earlier Asus or earlier Merlin firmware?

I'm not sure....when doing some google searches I found at least a couple of posts that led me to believe it also could be used to refresh a running process. Wouldn't take much for someone to check.

Do you know what Asus firmware broke this so that I can go back to it? Or, which firmware of yours has the inotify process working?
Thanks!

Nevermind. Just tested your RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_376.45_0 and the inotify works. I'll stick with that for now.

Last edited:
There seem to be GUI glitch? connected panel list 5 wired clients when I only have 2 wired 3 if my ps3 is on.

Really loving the renaming of clients in connection panels, this is something i hoped would be added at some point and it has been.

So far the only weird thing to happen was 2g wireless mac addresses went blank and turned off of some reason. Last time i see that happen was when i was messing with WPS on the router which i normal have disabled but it is enabled. This happen after i accidentally tried to connect a smart phone linked to 2g via wps all mac addressed in there after that went blank and it switched mac address off.

QOS capping my bandwidth down to 100mbit despite it being set to 125mbit is there internal limit or something? turning off QOS returns download rates to correct speeds this but i dont really care to do that.

Limit UP works great, but Download regardless if i set it to 80 100 125 down it dont really go past 100 unless it turn QOS off

Last edited:
QOS capping my bandwidth down to 100mbit despite it being set to 125mbit is there internal limit or something? turning off QOS returns download rates to correct speeds this but i dont really care to do that.

I have a feeling enabling QoS disables hardware acceleration. Does 100Mbit/s traffic peg the CPU with it enabled?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!