What's new

CakeQOS CakeQOS-Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

24h with a stressful environment, with multiple connections. Stable network. Very good!

Code:
CakeQOS-Merlin - ( 0Mbit | 0Mbit | besteffort | unlimited ack-filter dual-srchost )

bb.png

24h with a stressful environment, with multiple connections. Stable network. Very good!

Code:
CakeQOS-Merlin - ( 0Mbit | 0Mbit | besteffort | unlimited ack-filter dual-srchost )

View attachment 24415

why do you prefer dual-srchost? wouldn't triple-isolate be a safer choice since your connection appears to be symmetrical?

Last edited:
I get woeful bufferbloat results on my VDSL connection using those settings. Numbers in the several tens of ms.

Simply setting "bridged-ptm" and then entering valid rate limits works best on my connection.

However, in my tinkering tonight I have noticed that there is a problem with the rate settings.

I can no longer set my upload speed as "8.9" Mbit. The script says that 8.9 is not a valid number, however it has had no problem accepting that number in the past.
It also doesn't interpret 8900kbit as a valid entry either.

Can we get this reverted so that it will accept decimal places again please!

Yes please! (For the decimal speeds....):)

connection appears to be symmetrical?

dual-srchost:
Good for use on egress traffic from a LAN to the internet, where it'll prevent any one LAN host from monopolising the uplink, regardless of the number of flows they use.

triple-isolate (default) is already applied by default in CakeQOS with options nonat

subzero.svg

dual-srchost:

triple-isolate (default) is already applied by default in CakeQOS with options nonat

from the tc-cake(8) man page:
[ flowblind | srchost | dsthost | hosts | flows | dual-srchost |
dual-dsthost | triple-isolate* ]
they are multiple exclusive, no?
you can have only one of them active.
why do you prefer dual-srchost?

wouldn't "nat triple-isolate" be the best choice versus "nat dual-srchost"?

actually, wouldn't nonat be bad for dual-srchost or triple-isolate?

why do you prefer dual-srchost?
prevent any one LAN host from monopolising the uplink, regardless of the number of flows they use.

Code:

View attachment 24415

From the screenshots, it seems to me that the DL and UL parameters are reversed??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, i read the man page :)
the default is "triple-isolate nonat" per the man page.

but if we use dual-srchost instead of triple-isolate, won't we be enforcing fairness just on the uploads?
and on a separate note, why is nonat the default, instead of nat?
just trying to understand the different choices and their impact,,,

Last edited:
From the screenshots, it seems to me that the DL and UL parameters are reversed??
No. :) It's my real upload. But having rates is not enough, the remote server also has limitations. My connection is full time. My connection is symmetrical.

bb3-png.24390

Last edited:
I think the point being made here is that you can have dual-srchost OR triple-isolate, but not both. It doesn't make sense that you can apply both.

I think the point being made here is that you can have dual-srchost OR triple-isolate, but not both. It doesn't make sense that you can apply both.
that's correct. i'm trying to understand why/when one would be better over the other.
i also want to know why/if the default nonat is better than nat

Code:
CakeQOS-Merlin: > Download Status:
qdisc cake 8024: dev ifb9eth0 root refcnt 2 bandwidth unlimited besteffort dual-srchost nat wash ingress ack-filter split-gso rtt 100.0ms raw overhead 0 no-sce
CakeQOS-Merlin: > Upload Status:
qdisc cake 8023: dev eth0 root refcnt 2 bandwidth unlimited besteffort dual-srchost nat nowash ack-filter split-gso rtt 100.0ms raw overhead 0 no-sce

Code:
qdisc cake 8024: dev ifb9eth0 root refcnt 2 bandwidth unlimited besteffort dual-srchost nat wash ingress ack-filter split-gso rtt 100.0ms raw overhead 0 no-sce
qdisc cake 8023: dev eth0 root refcnt 2 bandwidth unlimited besteffort dual-srchost nat nowash ack-filter split-gso rtt 100.0ms raw overhead 0 no-sce

got it.

you have in your setup: "nat dual-srchost".
my question: why is "nat dual-srchost" better than "nat triple-isolate" ? in which configurations?
my understanding from the man page, is that dual_srchost is better if the network saturates mostly due to uploads only. but triple-isolate is better if both uploads and downloads (can) saturate the connection
just trying to understand.
thanks for your patience.

my setup:

Code:
qdisc cake 801a: dev ifb9eth0 root refcnt 2 bandwidth unlimited besteffort triple-isolate nat wash ingress ack-filter split-gso rtt 100.0ms noatm overhead 18 mpu 64 no-sce
qdisc cake 8019: dev eth0 root refcnt 2 bandwidth unlimited besteffort triple-isolate nat nowash ack-filter split-gso rtt 100.0ms noatm overhead 18 mpu 64 no-sce

i've also been wondering with do i have "rtt 100.0ms" when my unloaded latency is around "10ms" on average. might try "rtt 10ms" next, what do you think?

Last edited:
Code:
I can't see triple-isolate in that status you sent. All applied options will be listed in that status feedback message, even the ones that are not manually specified but are applied by default.
And what makes you think that nonat somehow applies triple-isolate? The man page doesn't suggest that.

by the way, wasn't there a 1.0.2 script version coming up?

by the way, wasn't there a 1.0.2 script version coming up?

Check the Github Issues post if you would like to test. Looks like @Adamm posted it 2 days ago. I just updated seemlessly. Note it's not on the master branch so update path below has been updated accordingly.

Not pushed to master as yet (so unsupported). No issues as mentioned on my update, just be careful if you are NOT entering additional up/down options to hit Enter at each prompt on install as it retains your previous settings and only prompts for the new options available. Awesome work thus far on this release @Adamm and company.

https://github.com/ttgapers/cakeqos-merlin/issues/46

Code:
mkdir -p /jffs/addons/cake-qos && /usr/sbin/curl -s "https://raw.githubusercon
tent.com/ttgapers/cakeqos-merlin/v1.0.2/cake-qos.sh" -o "/jffs/addons/cake-qos/cake-qos" && chmod 755 /jffs
/addons/cake-qos/cake-qos && sh /jffs/addons/cake-qos/cake-qos install

upload_2020-6-30_22-56-31.png

Additional status options in the Menu 3 now as well
upload_2020-6-30_22-58-14.png

Last edited:
i did a quick search and it sounds like they have been gone for a while?...
unless we figure out the build process for the binaries, we have a problem...

I trust we have minds/brains around here...as on the other thread, I'd/we would do our best to get this off the ground. Let's see if there are others who can assist on the builds....last piece to the puzzle so to speak --- again @rgnldo :p :) :p

Is entware down again? I tried re installing and downloads error out.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!