What's new

Release [FORK][DSL] Asuswrt-Merlin 386.2_4 GNUton's build for DSL Routers released!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GNUton

Hi,
I have just released a new stable version for DSL-AC68U and DSL-AX82 Asus routers based on Merlin 386.2_2.
The images can be found here https://github.com/gnuton/asuswrt-merlin.ng/releases/tag/386.02_4-gnuton1

Instruction for flashing the firmware.
1. Download the latest image for your model from here. Please download the .trx for DSL-AC68U or the .w for DSL-AX82U.
2. Open http://router.asus.com/Advanced_FirmwareUpgrade_Content.asp in your browser and upload the image
3. Please reset to factory if you are upgrading from stock or 384 release.

In case you want to revert back to stock firmware. Please download the .trx or .w image from the asus website/support page/your router
And repeat the points 2 and 3.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
I have it ruining on two of my devices for two days now and it looks smooth and performing well.

sorry for my absence but with the way this forum functions on threads makes it nearly impossible to follow up with a subject.

Hi,
Is it a fork of RMerlin's "Update (30-Apr-2021): 386.2_4 is now available, updating OpenVPN and with a few minor changes" ? Or just a let's say a maintenance release of 386.2?!

Thanks ;)

I have it ruining on two of my devices for two days now and it looks smooth and performing well.

sorry for my absence but with the way this forum functions on threads makes it nearly impossible to follow up with a subject.
Yep I do find it more dispersive than how it was before with a single thread. if you have any hints on how to improve it please let me know.

Publishing now the new stable based on 386.2_4. https://github.com/gnuton/asuswrt-merlin.ng/releases/tag/386.02_4-gnuton1
Enjoy!

Ah..
1620055975837.png

It seems like the first DSL-AX82U users are eventually approaching.
It looks like the new router is hitting the shelves now... my understanding is that there has been a lack of components to covid situation and from this the delay. (speculation)
Big excitement in any case.... and looking forward to see more of this new gen DSL routers in the wild.

I've sent the bug report. WIFI 2.4Ghz died. 5Ghz fine
Tried lot of things but not working.
First thought to change bandwith setting to 40Mhz and got it to blink but not working.
Late try was to change professional tab and changing lot of things. I thought that it should work to change Modulation Scheme but finally didn´t do the trick.
So I surrender

I employed my old DSL-AC68U as the primary router at my in-laws’ and all working well after the last update. One little irregularity was the repeater that didn’t automatically reconnect after flashing. A simple manual reboot fixed it. Thank you, @GNUton !

I've sent the bug report. WIFI 2.4Ghz died. 5Ghz fine
Tried lot of things but not working.
First thought to change bandwith setting to 40Mhz and got it to blink but not working.
Late try was to change professional tab and changing lot of things. I thought that it should work to change Modulation Scheme but finally didn´t do the trick.
So I surrender
What firmware did you come from ??? If you had the original one on board, after putting the merlin you have to do a factory reset and not load any backup.

Loving this new release. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with, or know how to configure the DSL AC68U with ethernet backhaul for AiMesh? I gave it a go last year and it crashed my entire AiMesh system so I haven't tried again since. I can't figure out if is possible to assign one of the LAN ports to WAN to make ethernet backhaul work.

Just got a DSL-AX82U and installed this.

Noticed cake doesn't seem to work and traffic monitor per device seems to be missing.

Apart from that its running great so far.

@bake73 please open a ticket for both and please share more details about the way you tested cake please.
I'll open a ticket on the weekend.
It was nothing special just enabled cake and set wan packet overhead to pppoe vdsl.
It doesn't work at all and it doesn't stick to what i've put in upload and download speeds(it just runs at full speed)
Also ive noticed on the qos traffic classification page the upload pie chart doesn't even show.
The cpu frequency is missing and buffers is showing 0.00 on the tools page.
Apart from that its running great and im using flexqos which works very well.

Thanks

Just got a DSL-AX82U and installed this.

Noticed cake doesn't seem to work and traffic monitor per device seems to be missing.

Apart from that its running great so far.
@bake73 please open a ticket for both and please share more details about the way you tested cake please.

CakeQOS within Merlin 386.2_4 firmware should work on the DSL-AX82U ... [it will not work on the pre HND DSL-AC68U] but @GNUton ... keep in mind that there is no Merlin firmware for the RT-AX82U ... so not sure how you have built your firmware for the DSL version?

@bake73 - you may need to stick with FlexQOS which happily runs on both pre-HND and HND router models. Of course I am assuming you did a full reset after upgrading the firmware on the DSL-AX82U and then applied all settings manually without loading from a backup?

CakeQOS within Merlin 386.2_4 firmware should work on the DSL-AX82U ... [it will not work on the pre HND DSL-AC68U] but @GNUton ... keep in mind that there is no Merlin firmware for the RT-AX82U ... so not sure how you have built your firmware for the DSL version?

@bake73 - you may need to stick with FlexQOS which happily runs on both pre-HND and HND router models. Of course I am assuming you did a full reset after upgrading the firmware on the DSL-AX82U and then applied all settings manually without loading from a backup?
@kernol all my firmwares do not require anything from the RT. I do get the upstream merlin code and and I make it working with the DSL Asus GPLs, that's it.
I have not really paid so much attention to cake but I will have a look at what's wrong there asap, but it's nota priority ATM.

@bake73 please reports all your findings.. some of them are known.. but they where small things (like CPU not showing) that I have in my backlog...