What's new

[Beta-release] AiMesh Phase2 beta test for RT-AC68U and first beta for BlueCave

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I noticed the beta firmwares on page 1 are no longer available for download. Does that mean a newer version of the betas are out? Or,should we shift to stock?

no, only solves blue cave issue.

https://www.asus.com/Networking/Blue-Cave/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Version 3.0.0.4.384.32546
2018/07/1036.25 MBytes
ASUS Blue Cave Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.32546
New feature:
AiMesh, an innovative new router feature that connects multiple ASUS routers to create a whole-home Wi-Fi network. Refer to https://www.asus.com/aimesh/ for more detail.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 0C3406256FD38D3BC2E353F2F84D749A

https://www.asus.com/Networking/Blue-Cave/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Version 3.0.0.4.384.32546
2018/07/1036.25 MBytes
ASUS Blue Cave Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.32546
New feature:
AiMesh, an innovative new router feature that connects multiple ASUS routers to create a whole-home Wi-Fi network. Refer to https://www.asus.com/aimesh/ for more detail.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 0C3406256FD38D3BC2E353F2F84D749A
Your firmware is for Blue-Cave devices!

This thread started about beta 384.1716 for RT-AC68U to support blue-cave!

Update: There is a new official firmware for 68U-types with Blue Cave support: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/ac66u-b1-firmware-version-3-0-0-4-384_32738.48329/

Last edited:
It is NOT for 66U it is for 66U_B1 and so identically to all 68U-types!

I loaded it and just working well ...
Is your decision. I would wait for the official release instead of renaming the file yourself...

you can compare ALL previous releases and will see they are identical bit by bit, only their file name differs, but you can name them to whatever makes you happy, name isnt loaded to the router, only used for upload selected file!

What do you think why Merlin refers for 66U_B1 to the 68U firmware???
Believe it or not, it is that easy ...

Looks like this is officially released now:

Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_32738
- Release Note -

AiMesh new features:
- Supported creating mesh system with new router, BlueCave.
- Added Roaming block list in Advanced Settings --> Wireless.
You can add devices into block list and this device will not be roamed between AiMesh nodes.
- Supported ethernet onboarding. User can use ethernet cable.
You can use ethernet cable to connect AiMesh router LAN port and AiMesh node WAN port first and run the adding node process to build the mesh system.

Security fixes:
- Fixed Reflected XSS vulnerability.
- Fixed CSRF vulnerability.
- Fixed command injection vulnerability.
- Fixed stack buffer overflow vulnerability.
Thanks for Rick Ramgattie contribution.

Bug fixed and Enhancements:
- Fixed USB hard drive over 2TB compatibility issues.
- Fixed Samba/FTP folder permission issues.
- Added USB3.0/2.0 mode switch setting in Administration --> System --> USB Settings.

Looks like this is officially released now:
Not really. There's some items listed on both Release Notes, but, there's many things on one list but not the other. Looks like 384_32738 is mostly bug and security fixes with a few new features. Hardly a Phase 2 update of AiMesh.
The "ethernet onboarding" (the way I interpret the description) sorta worked on other releases, but was kinda buggy. So it wasn't an advertised feature.

I just reset both nodes (68u) and successfully added them back to my system. Both wired and over 40' apart from the main router. Thats through plaster and wire mesh walls so not much chance of wireless working anyway.

Substantially easier compared to when I tried it the first time on 21140. I didn't have hangs or can't find nodes etc. I can say it was a smoother experience for me.

I have bought a Blue Cave, which I have not set up yet. I want to try it first with one router, but maybe add a second one as an aiMesh node later.

I read though, that the leds on the node can not be turned off? Is this correct? Does this apply to every node or only the Blue Cave? In which case I would get an AC86U as node if that can be turned off.

Would be a shame as the Blue Cave is going into a closet and the node will be visible...

I have bought a Blue Cave, which I have not set up yet. I want to try it first with one router, but maybe add a second one as an aiMesh node later.

I read though, that the leds on the node can not be turned off? Is this correct? Does this apply to every node or only the Blue Cave? In which case I would get an AC86U as node if that can be turned off.

Would be a shame as the Blue Cave is going into a closet and the node will be visible...

You can adjust LED brightness

upload_2018-8-30_15-22-29.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this on the node or on the base station?

PS. Why does this forum use my full name, when I signed up with a username??? How can I remove or delete my account because of this?

Access the WebUI in your AiMesh Router

Network Map -> AiMesh Nodes -> Click a Node -> Select More Config

Last edited by a moderator:
not a good place in a closet, for good WiFi they should be placed without surrounding anything to avoid reflections.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!